Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem with SetDisplayMode function

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 04:54 Edited at: 11th Oct 2011 04:56
I posted this problem in the Dark GDK.net area, but was told to try posting it here.
I am trying simply read my desktop resolution, and then force my app to run fullscreen at that resolution. I am trying to accomplish this using the DarkGDK.net.
This function works flawlessly on my PC when I am using Dark Basic Professional, so I seriously doubt there is an issue with the core DLLs, but here is my code in VS2008 with Visual Basic.

The variable "cm" equates to true when I use .CheckDisplayMode, but then DarkGDK.Core.Sync() triggers a memory violation error.
And when I check the Display.Screenwidth, it returns 640 and Display.Screenheight returns 480, regardless of my display resolution.

Any ideas?

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm... I would try taking out the sync in the conditional statement. I do wonder if the memory violation will still occur when you sync later in your code though. Does the memory violation crash the program?
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 15:39
That is what is odd. I loaded a default template, which included the sync statement in the game loop. The sync command causes a memory fault ONLY when I add the SetDisplayMode command. As long as I leave out the SetDisplayMode command, there is no error with the sync command. If I remove the sync command, but leave the SetDisplayMode command, it has no affect and the program runs in 640x480 without error.

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems like a bug with DarkGDK.NET, I would try updating or downgrading the version of DGDK.NET you are using and see if that remedy's the situation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:28:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:28:05