Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] HABITAT - VG (A MaHo Project)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 18:23 Edited at: 12th Mar 2012 10:46

HABITAT - VG

A
MaHo
Project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLfLLMZKa6Y

Game-Description:
Arcade-FPShooter with as many enemies per minute (epm) as possible.

Story:
Who am i? What is this all about? These are the basic questions when you wake up in pale bright white light.

"What is this?"
"A ghost?"
"Nothing."
"I never have seen anything like that."

Dark shapes appear and coming near until the screen is nearly black.

"WHAT THE ... ARE YOU ?!"

Someone rips a field of view out of the dark and gives you legs, smashing you on the ground.

"So you got a vision and legs. Search your path and follow. This is my home, and you are not welcome here."

Chapter I - RISE

The game is about exploring a strange unreal world, searching for yourself and your name while you put yourself together piece for piece. Vision, legs, hands, 6th sense, a tool, upgrades ...
You will see the development in Cutscenes and in appearing Huds, completing up to the final optic of the game one after another.

Meanwhile you get hunted by GLAS, the guy that brakes down a war with the TWINS ages ago. Some inhabitants like ONE and SENSE will help you, others try to kill you. Why all this happens and what is your part in this game?... well, we will see when the times come.

Gameplay/Features:
This starts out very slow, all about introducing the enviroment, credits, some puzzles and jump&run.
But then it speeds up and the shooting starts.

Beside the cryptic story it is all about 1 simple thing: EPM = Enemies per Minute.

I try to create a FPShooter with the feeling of the old 2d-arcade classics like R-Type, Gradius, Turrican a.o., so a simple & hard straight-shooter without that much of tactics that are actual used in modern FPS. I dont like the games where a max of 3-4 enemies appear at a time wich you shoot down for 5 minutes. It has to be fast and brutal hard, with masses of quickly dying enemies and really big bossfights.

For example: Killcount (Refeeds) in the 3rd Chapter goes up to nearly 200 in about 5 minutes (speedrun), around 35 EPM, 1 enemy every 1 1/2 seconds. and this is only a half intro-level where the action starts.
I will rise the count up by inserting more bombs and bigger guns, so enemies die faster and i can respawn the next wave > more enemies > more speed > more action > more fun.

As with every good 2d-shooter, enemies enter in waves. when a wave is destroyed, a reward drops (weapon-upgrades, ammo, healthpacks, satelites, lots of different bombs, speedzones a.s.o.). the waves are triggered, so you can drive your own pace most of the time, but believe me: the faster and better you get, the more fun it is.
You only have 1 live for the whole game and NO player-activated saves, only an automatic save at the end of each sub-chapter to hold the tension and dont make it too easy. yes, its a feature.

Further Features for the moment (tested, means i can get it working):

- Multitool (Basic Weapon) with 10.000 rounds, more than 6 different Upgrades (additional weapons with limited ammo)
- Particle-Bombs: cluster, stream/linebombs, crossbombs, circlebombs ...
- Healthpacks (Rehab) and healthzones/ healing characters
- A Compass with direction-HUDs, displayed enemy-warnings and ingame voiceover (6th Sense, its a female character that you carry through the game on your back)
- All different types of additional HUDS (bomb/rehab-markers, satelite-timers, a leveltimer in combination with a killcount (not a stupid killcount but storybased, you will see) a.s.o. )
- text-HUDS and npc-voiceovers for story (in progress, have done it before for a short-movie, so it should work)
- additional \"visions\", means fast,animated huds appearing in the right places to drive the story
- cutscenes (storyboards are in progress)
- railshooter-levels

Additional Features with WASP-mod/v1.19 (tested):

- smooth animated compass
- player-speedzones
- forced cam/plr-movement
- body armor
- enemy-radar

Graphics:
As you can see, i am a big fan of monochrome pictures and very rare color. its good for this because i can save performance with this style for more enemies.
As the character and following the story, also the world develops, getting more complex in forms and materials with each level.
the graphics-style is timeless, could be a game from ten years ago (remember games called FLASHBACK or ANOTHER WORLD? ) or 100 in the future because i use absolute basic meshes most of the time, just getting more and more complex. we will see how far fpsc can follow.

Music & Sounds:
Electronic/Noise/Ambient, fits to the enviroment.
The soundscape is set up by the actions of the player, means there is a basic ambient theme as backgroundmusic, but beats and additional instruments are part of the enviroment, so when you enter triggerzones, pick up items or kill enemies, additional parts of the soundscape are triggered.
This results in generating a new composed soundscape with nearly each level-restart.

Videodemo1 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk9GOPunQok&feature=youtu.be

ADDITION:

here is my first creation in 3d-business, the basic weapon.
it has no texture atm but i dont need one at the beginning. there are 80 different objects in this mesh, but it uses only 800 polys, giving me 10fps in level3 to stockweapons, so up to 3-4 more enemies with keeping same playability!

HABITAT: Multitool Config 1
(blender/ingame)

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jhxTNxCyvU

SPLINTER enemy-rig, made of half transparent glas-splinters:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Preview and first-ever interview for WOLF´s BLOG:

http://blacksheepcaffeine.blogspot.com/2012/03/preview-habitat.html

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

These are the basics, more will follow. I will update the first posts when i have some news.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 18:24 Edited at: 29th Feb 2012 14:35
INFO: ALL SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEOS BASED ON THE ACTUAL VERSIONS. NEARLY ALL MODELLS, HUDS AND GRAPHICS ARE ONLY PLACEHOLDERS. LEVELS ARE NOT CLEANED NOR READYBUILD.
I first wanted to figure out if all the gameplay elements work and if i can fit them together. Everything else after that.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 18:25 Edited at: 29th Feb 2012 14:33

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 18:25 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2012 01:32
Comments

if anyone around here wants to join this project with whatever you are good in, lets talk: below is my email-adress.

ego can live with critics
if you got anything that is interesting for this, here you are, spam around and have fun.

Publishing:
I/we will give the first Chapter for free download, definitely.
But its done when its done. Release 2012/2013.

Further chapters with the big story (completed in my head, partly written)... well, we will see.

3Bit
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks very interesting I must say, can't wait to see footage.

3Bit
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 18:52
you are too fast for me, 3bit^^ footage online. more will follow. ^
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 23:10
reminds me of a cooler looking version of what I tried to do with Urban Combat. I love the art style, and this is easily my favourite project around the forum right now. amazing work!

imageflock.com/img/1303928322.png[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 00:25
This does sound and look really good. I can't wait to see more. Loving the artwork and HUDs.

Cheesehead for life.
0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
maho76

nice , very nice !
I can't see the last characters pictures inside the levels... You pretend do this?
Nice Fog and Bloom use.
I was sure FPSC could be used in a creative way and this is the best and fast engine for this kind .
You prove this.
keep up the good work.
Alemar
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 23:29
It looks really cool but I can't even tell whats going on in the creenshots because thay are really small, could you maybe post some larger ones?

[/href]
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 10:14 Edited at: 13th Oct 2011 10:57
thanks for the comments, guys.

@alemar:

Quote: "I can't see the last characters pictures inside the levels... You pretend do this?
"

on the last rows of screens i cant get off the enemy near me but want do get a shot of the runners in the background, and meanwhile he beats the sh*t out of me. what you see is the breaking-glas fullscreen-damage-hud down to 3/100 health. strange way to show this^^.

i ordered 2 modelpacks yesterday. we will see how usefull the models are to get some interesting shapes and animations into this thing.
i will clean this up a bit and frap some videos, and then getting bigger screenshots, too. as said above, everything is only a placeholder atm, so i first wanted to present an overview through the second and third level, details and video will follow now we have opened the box (ups,spoiler... äähh, no.. i mean... )
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 11:00 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2011 11:04
1st post updated.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 11:02 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2011 11:09
Hi Guys,

Out of personal circumstances i was not able to do much in fpsc the last weeks (months?^^), just want to put something in here before christmas so you can get a better picture of this, therefore a video is needed.

First Alpha-Version-Trailer of Habitat, Chapter1 - Level3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk9GOPunQok&feature=youtu.be

This is the last of 3 very straight tutorial/story-levels where you change gameplay from story/jump&beat to ranged-weapon-use, so the next level the original game as intended and presented will start. From there on you will have storyspots in the arcade-action, so you can choose playing with story or doing speedruns through the habitat.

STORY:
The levels before this - you get kicked into this world, only legs and vision, a ghost.

Then you receive your HEART (level-timer and automatic health regeneration), HUNGER (Refeed-Counter = Killcount wich sometimes is used as a goal or equivalent "money"), you steal hands out of a treasure-box so GLASS starts to hunt you down.

You meet your "first girlfriend", SENSE, a character that gets bound on your back and travells with you. She gives you shoulders and leads you the way out of the first tower (a 6th sense, enemy warnings, a more or less whispering voice in the background giving you hints & tips, compass ... well, what i said, a girlfriend/your wife )... then level3 starts (demovideo).

You meet the twins in their destroyed tower, the legal owners of the hands you carry. You do a bargain, changing the hands for a multitool (basic weapon). Its better to stay away from the foes than doing infight . Then the action of the game starts. The twins will support you with bombs, healthpacks, upgrades and much more. Its your first encounter with GLASS and his shards & splinters...

As said, nearly all media are placeholders, many parts missing (all videos, huds, sounds), also some errors show up. Some behavior errors because i used very simple enemy-scripts (4:45 & 5:05 slows enemies down for unknown reasons). Ched80 and 2Beast4U are doing some scripts atm, i hope they can teach these guys to follow player on stairs without getting stuck in any walls or loosing pace. FPSC looses 2 enemy-waves at 6:40 and the concrete-sound with the export, have to see how i can get rid of this bug. Also Music is just a placeholder, throwed toghether some old untz-untz-stuff done by me years ago, but it gives the needed picture of aggressive soundscape.

Sound: i decided to use TTS-systems for speech because they have this plastic-sound, but some of them are really lame, have to search for more.

But nevertheless the video should show the feeling, look and pace that i tried to create.

Have fun & merry christmas.

Maho

P.S.: A little explanation on the model-thing. I tried around with BLENDER the last weeks and get some results, but its a mess to work with this prog, handling is so bad when you know other pro-progs of media-development . so i decided to go the way most of you do with milkshape and all the other smaller/easier progs. i will do the video-renderings in after-effects when i got some models done. way easier workflow for me as a beginner in 3d-stuff. Nevertheless would be cool if any modeller/animator around here is interested in this project and wants to join (as said its all about shapes and animation).
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 11:16
Game looks fresh and fantastic - love the music and audio too. Really great job Maik!

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 14:57
Good job Maho!!! Really original story line and game play.

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
hukuta94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2011 19:04
What's new? When will release a demo?
The game is very interesting I think. An unusual concept. Similar to the FPSC I have not seen. Good luck in development!
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 14:49 Edited at: 28th Dec 2011 00:34
thanks for the comments, guys.

@hukuta94: this will be the demo when its ready^^ if everything works fine i plan to go on with the story over more than the first 5-7 levels (they are free when released).

ANOTHER GOOD NEWS (no, great i want to say):

Beside Ched80 and 2Beast are doing scripts for this, our all beloved LEONGAMERZ will do the Multitool- weapon. Thank you, buddy, you are the man! big fat credits for you!

i will do some decals this week to get some lightnings and more bursting glass into this.

gz

maho
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Very well done on this! Reminds me of of another game on here called Sail to the moon. You should take a look at it. Good luck with this.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 16:08 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 17:07
starmind, thank you. what a pity that download-link is dead. same idea to get rid of textures, but as said, game enviroment develops as the player do. when you watch the video above you can see a shine around the player when he gets the mutitool that enlights the enviroment. the more power you get, the more range the light will have and the more textures and lights will appear out of the fog. something like "the more you grow the clearer you will see your world".
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 17:55 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 17:59
This is the first time I've looked at this thread. I've got to say great work so far and it looks very original, which can't be a bad thing.

I don't have a lot of spare time, but if you need any help feel free to email me and I'll do what I can.

Best

SC

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 20:07 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 20:17
wow, scene commander, thank you. i will send you a detailed 12 page-list tomorrow. ^^

no, kidding, thank you for that offer, i WILL request and even when its only for wasp-things. thank you again for that mod.

ADDITION:

Little Blender-Video (flv) attached for Leongamerz and you all. Its a basic concept of the multitool basic setup, so the first weapon. Its self-explaining. Whirling is weapon reconfiguration when you change, second is end of the shot, then empty charge blowback, after that reload-reconfiguration. 3 povs.

Ignore colors, its a reminder for me where is wich part. Lets see if this poor bastard gets some hands again in the end-configuration.

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr_BcVI2ihU&feature=youtu.be

First post updated.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 09:08

That gun test and how it changes... I have to say this but if you can pull that off, you will have people begging for those

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 10:26 Edited at: 28th Dec 2011 10:28
That's a great job on the weapon design and animations! I sent you an email maho.

Also if you want to have your video show on here you can use this code for it to work.

Here is you video,

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 11:54
thank you for this and also the mail, starmind.

and thanks for comment, defiler. it was my first animation in blender. i like whirling stuff, and fits perfect into this game.
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 17:37
I worry that it might be too complex for Fpsc, but time will tell.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 07:22 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 07:23
Quote: "I worry that it might be too complex for Fpsc, but time will tell"

It is not really as complex as you think. If you look at the animation it appears to be 40-60 bones worth of action, where as one weapon from EAI has over 80 bones worth of action. As long as he keeps the poly count 3000 and below he shouldn't have many problems. Like if EAI he deletes faces that cannot be seen to add to the preformance. Unfortunately, Maho will not be able to delete faces with a spinning weapon like this one. Besides I know that Ched will make this type of weapons really shine in game. He doesn't give up that easy when it comes to a go challenge like this.

I hope you find this helpful. Good work again Maho on this. I keep having to look at this. I would love to see this in game even if it is a test.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 09:39 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 09:40
3000 polys? its 900 atm, dont need more details^^.

what do you mean with "80 bones"? i am new to modelling, do i have to set up a bone for each element of this??? i cant bone atm, tried but massively failed

i think this will be a mail in the next days, starmind
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Bones are these:

Quote: "do i have to set up a bone for each element of this"

Not really. I believe that some animations can be done without bones in blender and exported to fpsc just fine. The bones will be included with out adding them yourself. But you do need a FIRESPOT bone so the bullet come out of the right place.

GamerX has some good tutorials on this that may help you understand more of what I am getting at.

If you need help with the export or have problems you can send me an email or even GamerX as he has pulled me out of a few jams with exporting.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 11:16
thank you, starmind. i recognized that gamerx is the blender-specialist, will look for his tutorials.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 04:18 Edited at: 9th Jan 2012 04:33
it is done.

you know these days where you sitting around and from one moment to the other your brain is totally empty? then you look at something and you see everything totally clear and easy. well, i see BLENDER in this moment 3 days ago.

2 posts before i said i will use other progs, just gave it a last chance, and what should i say ... its still a mess, but now i like blender.

so stop talking, here is my first creation in 3d-business, the basic weapon.

HABITAT: Multitool Config 1
(blender/ingame)

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jhxTNxCyvU

it has no texture atm because i dont know how to do it properly, there are 80 different objects in this mesh.
but it uses only 800 polys, giving me 10fps in level3, so up to 3 more enemies with keeping same playability!

i wish i could endure the animations and make them slower, but it will be a fast game, so no time to watch nice weaponchange-animations, you need gunpower.

next step (beside learning to uv-map propperly) is to get on how to do skeletons so i can make my own friends and foes.
when i can get them also to stay below 1000 polys and getting eyecatchers by cool animations, i am sure i will get a great
performance with 10/20/30 chars at once? but we will see, you will get info here.

have a nice day.

maho

(first post updated with video and pic)

EDIT: now i see that the muzzleflash is slighty misplaced. will be corrected.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow really really great my friend.ITS WORKING YEHAA

I can't wait for UV Map it now.Give me X format or maybe obj format.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, looks great. Just watched the first dev video then.
Look forward to seeing more.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 14:19 Edited at: 24th Jan 2012 14:43
thanks, defy. as said in contest-thread, just missed your contest because of wasp-license, one month later beta 1.19 appears

working on sense&player atm for cutscenes (pic attached), but just a design study, i think i will attach her in another way, more the artificial one, we will see.

i will update this when shards&splinters (enemy 1&2) are finally animated (total custom media), i think i can surprise you all with these guys... i hope.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2012 05:02
Nice models and very unique game. One thing though, watch the smoothing groups on yor models... I see some ugly errors on the sphere in the last pic

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2012 10:34
thanks, anayar. ugly errors are done by photoshop when i quickly delete the grey blender-background with magicstaff, so no problem in the model itself. i was in a hurry when throwing this pic together. i will update when final model is build / cutscene is done.

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow - this promises to be amazing. I am also amazed at the speed you seem to learn modelling. Well done.

Eugene
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 10:57 Edited at: 30th Jan 2012 11:43
thanks elbow.
as said i had a moment of clarity when looking at blender interface. with some expereience in video-editing and after-effects its not that hard to get the modelbuild/animation, but i have much to learn about cleaning the models and uv-mapping (messed up a few things with the axe for the medieval pack). with the simple meshed models i do atm for HABITAT, both is not neccessary, you will see the reason soon when i update. thats why it looks like i am learning fast.

as mentioned in a thread in models&media, i am now able to do custom characters and i could reduce framelag through entity-calculation by half. so i am able to place 20 2000-poly-enemies instead of 10 in FOV with same fps. can force this even more when simplifying the models down to 1000 polys. love custom 3d!

i will update and demo this week when/if able to do some propper movement-animations, so watch out.

maho

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 17:10
Keeping my EYE on this [HUD JOKE] read this via TCGC fb page... Keep it up I usually do not bother playing some demos but this... I think I will

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 14:03 Edited at: 7th Feb 2012 14:16
UPDATE:

so that i announced a new videodemo here, i have bad news: i messed up some frames in my first character animations (third model in my 3d-career, so please forgive me^^), so the result in the main parts i wanna show you just doesnt look as mentioned.

means i wont show you an ingame-video today, but some blender-screeens and words for explanation what i am about to do:

This is my SPLINTER, the first standard soldier of GLASS-Army, pure melee but very fast and comes always in masses. I want to get him as dynamic as possible, so always running straight towards player ...

...striking hard and raging when in range until...

...he gets destroyed and bursts in a cloud of glass.

polys: 1600, 126 objects, 26 bones, unbelievable amount of keyframes^^, so 4mb for the x-file, wich is way too much for use this in masses for big levels... what i want to do, so still a lot of optimizing neccessary, but the basics thoughts are working. and i CAN do and use this for the project.

as you see in the destroy-pics, the fact that i dont use textures for entities in this project gives me the possibility to behold all the single objects wich you normally would form into 1 mesh. i can still work with them and animate them before attached to the bones (very simple bone-parent structure), wich allows me to do freaky animations with these guys as whirling the parts around, reconnect them and attacking again and bursting into hell when finally destroyed, shrinking/growing bodyparts etc.

that is what i am trying to do with nearly every nonstatic entity in the game so everything is in motion all the time.

i dont know if there is another, easier way to do this, but this method works like a charme ingame, saves fps when concentrating on the needed frames. only problem atm is that through all the keyframes of the different objects the x-file grows to double or tripple the size and now i hit the 1.85gb-cap for sample-level, so i have to reduce object-number and unneeded frames ... wich is the reason why i cant provide any video -- yet

i will clean this up and with a bit more practise in 3d, i think i can give this a nice animation-shape and doing some other models on the bonerig in the next days.

btw.: whirling playerweapon has a new upgrade, too

so stay tuned, greets...

maho

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 21:52
Looking absolutely stunning Maik!

Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2012 18:06
Awesome ! Great work !

gozzy1999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2012 20:27
apsolutly outstanding,
are you getting this published? i think you could get hundreds maybe thousends of of this

''Make sure your hands are clean before you point the finger''
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2012 18:33 Edited at: 16th Feb 2012 18:37
HEY 2nd PAGE!^^

thanks for comments, guys.
Quote: "are you getting this published?"

as written on the first page, i will publish this fpsc project for free. then we will see if the first levels are only a free demo for a bigger (commercial) title/project/franchise/whatever or let loose as a onetime-fun for my artmap.^^

time (and marketing ) will tell. atm still basic development and tryout, nothing more ( i still stuck with the experimental basic-level^^).

i cut down a new demovideo today, i think i will upload it tomorrow or on the weekend. slowly i get this into the form i want it to be.

WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 12:25
Great work!!

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 11:50 Edited at: 20th Feb 2012 11:55
NEW TRAILER:

... to show my first animated characters SPLINTERS & SHARDS and a short Player-Character-Animation frapped out of blender, so no good quality with that guy. The hangers in the enemywaves come from a test with waypointscripts to get a more complex behavior, but it shows up that fpsc cant handle this with more than 3 characters and hangs up for over a second, so i will stay with the easy runforplayerandkillhim-things for most of the waves. Thats also the reason why these guys in the vid can beat me up like sh..., they are too fast in range when you cannot react for more than a second (in addition to the lag caused by fraps^^).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLfLLMZKa6Y

Another problem for the levelsize in the last shown demo is that i come in range of the ram-cap (1,84gb for this testlevel) and i not even insert all the sounds and, most important, cutscenes in the level wich use much ram. i hoped that 1.19 gives a better ram-performance but that is not the case, so i have to split them up in the future. not to question the static architecture wich will remain and be seen throughout the level (A & B), but to put in as much enemies as possible i have to insert another loading to split it up.

I will now do some work on the scripts & sounds, there are still some problems with musicoverride, savegame, waypoints and overall edge-behavior of the npc (hope its just me and not fpsc itself, have to test). when this and some more models and scenes in Blender is done, i will go on with filling the other levels and go on leaving this testlevel behind and restart editorwork again (so the funpart ).

gz

maho

(first post updated)

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 13:33
maho76

I've been meaning to comment on this for a while now (been really busy of late) but would just like to say that the latest video clip shows that this is a project to look out for.
Somehow the gameplay reminds me of some of the old retro games way back but with a modern twist of inspiring concept which I find a refreshing break from all of the 'over the top' graphics of present day games.
Absolutely stunning, well done so far.
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
very imaginative. Well done.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2012 10:55
I HAD A PC-CRASH AT WEEKEND!! nooooooo, .... so enough time this week to do some drawouts and pendesigns of the maincharacters.^^

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 12:53
as long as my main-pc is down, here are some impressions, sketches and 2 pics of the HUD as it will appear level 5 and up (including compass, radar, shield, weaponhud, items, timer, killcount, playerspeed,...)

HUD1: slightly damaged, shield down on 10%, basic multitool (1st weapon), playerspeed 150%, compass:

HUD2: health 100%, shield 100%, multitool-upgrade1, 3 items on floor, playerspeed 300%, SENSE = compass, EYE = radar (4 blips):

Just a dream:

Some sketches:

gz

maho

WilliamK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 12:58
Whohooo, nice!!!

www.William-K.com
www.Wusik.com

Login to post a reply