Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] The Bounty Hunter Chronicles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 04:08 Edited at: 24th Oct 2011 21:21

Developer: TheVoxyn

Story:

The Bounty Hunter Chronicles is a first-person shooter game that follows the story of Durm the bounty hunter.

“In the year 2062, mankind has advanced very much in the fields of technology and science. Space travel is now the norm, and travel between planets and solar systems has become widespread and available to the public. However, that does not concern you right now. There’s a lot of crime that still goes on right here on planet Earth, and guys like you are here to make a profit on cracking some criminal skulls. It’s a win-win situation. Sure, you make the streets safer for normal folks. But the best part is the massive paycheck. Whoever said greed was a bad thing obviously never met Durm.”

The Bounty Hunter Chronicles will be released episodically, the first episode being free to download.

Episode One - The Raknos crime syndicate has decided to try their hand in bio-weapons dealing. They’ve somehow weaponized the common cold, which in this form, causes some pretty violent symptoms and eventual fatality, only after suffering through the most nasty part. It has had this effect on every species we've seen so far. It's not just limited to humans, which could spell serious trouble for the entire system should these punks be allowed to continue their operation. Anyways, the job is for you to stop them dead in their tracks anyway you see fit. Destroy their base of operations, etc. Just do what needs to be done. Not the usual bounty job, you say? Well, the bounty is on those vials of the virus. Find as many as you can and bring them back with you, and you’ll get a nice hefty paycheck. [End Transmission]

Hello, fellow forumites! (Forumites... hehe ) I've decided to SERIOUSLY focus everything I've been learning into a solid game. I'm going for quality over quantity. I'm probably only going to use around 3-4 levels, but they'll be somewhat large and polished quite nicely.

Screenshots!

A little teaser trailer I banged out

So, does it look good? Is it LUULSTUPID? C&C is always appreciated.

(Many robots were punched in the making of this game.)

THIS IS A SIGNATURE. I swear.
szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Overall the game look good I like the magnum, and the design to, but you have to put a lot more decoration into the game because it looks a little bit plain.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 20:54 Edited at: 15th Oct 2011 20:59
Waaaaayyyyyy to empty. You need to add a lot more detail to this. It looks good so far, just it still needs a lot of work. Here is some of my advice:

1. Try darkening it up a bit, it will give it a more spacey feel.

2. Related to number 1, use a different skybox. Use a space one since it appears that you are at some space station thingy..

3. The wall textures to no flow very well in the first three pictures. Try to use the low mid and high segments so they are seamless and look better.

4. The ceiling texture should not be the same as the floor texture..

5. The lights are on their sides. Rotate them so they are pointing away from the wall. If you need help with this one im pretty sure Kravenwolf or Wolf has made a tutorial on this..

And the video was a tad boring i must say. The punching the robots part was a little lame.. The first time you did it was ok, it was a little bit too long? Maybe like 50 punches too long XD But then with the second one it got old. But nice job on the guns, i like the scifi look of them!

- Josh

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 22:17
Look's nice but how do you make custom huds like that????

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 23:13
I love the general style! But you should try to make the environment a little bit more interesting. Maybe some more light. But dont make it darker. The ambient light is perfect as it is.

Give it some more time, and you will have an awesome game.

TheVoxyn
Years of Service
User Offline
@szempek555 Yeah, I really like how the XIX came out. It reminds me a bit of a Star Wars weapon or something. But yes, I'm going to start on making the levels less bland.

@Exu Corporations Thanks for the advice. I'll figure out what to do about the walls. I've been using a lot of Cosmic Prophet's Sci Fi model pack stuff, as a lot of it is very useful. The only thing I don't THINK I saw in it was low/mid/top/full segments, just one for each texture. Even if I have to bang out my own texture for it, I'll figure something out. And yeah, I really like how the Sci Fi variants of the XIX and G36c came out.

@TheDesertEagle Are you referring to the normal HUD like for health, etc. or are you talking about that one I have in the bottom left?

@Cyborg ART Yeah I thought the environments were a little blah. That's the one thing I haven't nailed yet... level design. I've taken to FPI scripting, creating my own textures for weapons/characters, and custom HUDs and text prompts pretty well, but level design... I have been playing a lot of the BOTB games recently, and I'm learning a bit from that.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 02:33
@Thevoxyn All of them

TheVoxyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh. Well, the health and ammo HUD is just one from a HUD pack on FPS-Files. The serum vial HUD I made myself and set it up to use a custom variable that goes up every time you pick up a serum vial.

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 05:17
SO i must make a setup variable???

TheVoxyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 05:58 Edited at: 16th Oct 2011 05:59

That's what I use to get it to appear on screen. Of course, you'll need to make your own image for it and edit it to your needs. I attach it to a trigger zone outside of the map and voila. You also need a script like theeesss

That's the script that adds 1 to the custom variable every time you pick up a serum vial. Hope that helps you out!

Edit: Forgot to mention that these scripts are only compatible with FPSC 1.18 or possibly Project Blue.

TheVoxyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Updated the OP with 2 new screenshots. Progress has been a little slow... I kind of lost motivation for a while there, been busy learning to model/animate and dabbling in Unity(-gasp- THE U WORD!) but I'm still moving along.

kulet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 05:07
Hi there, I love the way you do the lighting on your levels, keep it up!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:07:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:07:41