Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / Subject 80 full freware release

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 19:51 Edited at: 17th Oct 2011 20:33
Hey their

a while ago we attempted making a commercial game and called it subject 80. its a puzzle based game with some shooting elements. we have released it for free after fialed attempts at getting it into portals. admitidaly we have realised that the restriants the fpsc engine gives in making first person puzzle games is far more then we expected and we factor that into the unsuccessful run as a commercial game.

we can assure our fans that we will be back with a bigger project that is being made in fpsc, and its a shooter so we wont have to go down the hard road of figuring out how we can make a non shooter game in a shooter game engine.

[img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

[img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

so here is our full game subject 80. :

You play as subject 80, a prisoner who has been given a chance to earn his freedom, just like 79 men before him.

The warden has realised his prison is over populated and to get rid of the overpopulation problem he has devised a plan that will either kill off his problem or set his problem free.....

The only thing is the likely hood of any of the prisoners being set free is low, and the death rate is high.

Warden Richards has put you, subject 80, into the test chamber, and now you will be put to test your limits, both physically and mentally, the chances of freedom are low, but the chance is still their, so its up to you to take that chance.

You will be tested through an assault course of near impossible obstacles, some will be deadly, others will be Near impossible but one thing that’s certain is each test will get you closer to the ultimate test, the test that will earn you a position as the first inmate to beat the warden, to beat the odds, to beat the SYSTEM!

we hope you enjoy the game as much as we enjoyted making it. Its been done now for 5 months but we have decided to release it now as freeware after self publishing it with some degree of success. here are the recomened specs:

2.0ghz Intel pentium p6000 duel core
3 gb RAM
Intel HD graphics 512mb vram ( we have a 1.5 gb gfx card so we run at 60 frames on that but we also run at 60 frames on our test machine wich only has 512 mb VRAm and is intergrated chipset)
540 mb HD space

here is the link for download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E3VFQS53

Hope you enjoy it, please leave feedback if you so please.

thanks alot for all the good and constructive things in advance and the ongoing support of our company and other peoples in the comunity. keep it up people!

Deathkon 3000 is no longer in production..... and no their was no "curse" its just the fact i couldnt be botherd!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 19:55
You need to follow the Showcase Rules for posting a thread here.

-Keith

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 19:57
sorry just about to

Deathkon 3000 is no longer in production..... and no their was no "curse" its just the fact i couldnt be botherd!
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 19:59 Edited at: 18th Oct 2011 19:02
Edit by luis (nazareth entertainment)

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 20:16
Everything's got to be in the first post.

-Keith

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 20:34
yeah done, please can you delete the images on the second post

thanks

sorry again for the error

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 09:12
I'll try it out today but without knowing anything of the gameplay I have to say, that the story is obviously a mere excuse for an obstacle course - and judging by the pictures - a most unrealistic one.

From the building material to the construction of the traps, all that consumes money and time - and to spend money and time, one needs a reason to. This warden has a dozen more efficient ways to solve his problem and in case he is just a sadistic psychopath he has a dozen cheaper solutions too.

Let's face it: If this would be a (serious) action movie, no one would buy that. Even films like "The Cube" or "Saw" tried to provide a somehow belivable story. And judging by the ratings and success of todays computer games, players generally are quite demanding when it comes to storytelling.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 12:14
Quote: "And judging by the ratings and success of todays computer games, players generally are quite demanding when it comes to storytelling."

ääähhmm... rage > no story, COD > no story, ... there are enough games besides deus ex that have nearly NO story and sell like bad*ss. in MOST of the games you dont have a creative story.
alien-invasion, terrorists, ww2. really cheap stuff is enough for most of the gamers.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 16:46 Edited at: 18th Oct 2011 16:49
I am not talking about quality. The story neither has to be original nor elaborate but still it has to be believable.

If a WW2 or other military-themed game has the simple paper-thin story of "you are a soldier doing your job" it's 100% realistic. Did you buy the story from "Saving Private Ryan" and the motivation of Hanks & Co to go through with it? I did, as did a million viewers and the critics alike.

And even "Aliens have overrun the earth and you are fighting them for you have nothing else left" is far-fetched but still belivable. Would we all lay back and die or fight an impossible fight? I guess at least some of us would fight.

But would ANYONE of us solve his overpopulated-prison problems that way? Or participate in this get-free-or-die thing? I would at least want an official pardon signed by the proper authorities first (otherwise I'd be just an escaped convict after running the gauntlet) - but thats impossible because the warden would have had to explain a lot about the 79 dead/vanished freshly pardoned convicts.

This game is about a villian who must be completely nuts and a player who has to be equally nuts. Which means the whole story is completely nuts.

@Nazareth Entertainment: If you (and your whole team) are interested in several stories for the excuse of running an obstacle course, that are less implausible, send me a mail or tell me to post them here.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 17:16 Edited at: 18th Oct 2011 17:17
@storyteller: ah, ok. now i understand thats about a BELIEVABLE plot. sorry, my fault, and 100% approved. anyway because you are the storyteller
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 19:01
Quote: "This game is about a villian who must be completely nuts and a player who has to be equally nuts. Which means the whole story is completely nuts."

yes it is! Its not a serious game, just a overthe top style storyline. me and you story teller have had our diferences and im yet to see you like one single game by anyone in the community. that being said i do respect your opinion and hope to here your critics (as im sure their are many) about our so called "glorified assult course".

i guess that you wont be much of a fan of our next project if you dont like far fetched storylines. Its just how we roll. being indiependent minded and being able to produce what games we like is why we are in to developing games. We hope every ones see's this game for what it was supposed to be and not what it looks like.

thanks again everyone

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 21:56 Edited at: 18th Oct 2011 21:59
Quote: "im yet to see you like one single game by anyone in the community"

You obviously don't get out much. The list of games I have given good reviews, called them BotB worthy or generally lauded (all readable in this forum) is in any case longer than the list of people working on your projects.

Quote: "being indiependent minded and being able to produce what games we like is why we are in to developing games"
A rock band where no one knows how to sing or play an instrument could say the same - and just make sensless noise on the stage with that excuse. For rock bands it does not work btw.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 00:35
Well, I'm not really through the game, but as far as I am right now, I must say that I don't think there are any puzzles yet in the game. Puzzles usually require solving something, and these are basically: "run to a door/switch on a very narrow plank" or "stack boxes to get to a door". These would have been fine if they were some small sections of the puzzle chamber, or just some random "puzzles" to give players a break from shooting in some other game, but here... I don't think so. This game actually reminds me of the first real game I tried to make with FPSC, also influenced by portal. So you succeeded on giving me a nostalgia trip, congratulations

But before I give my full review, when I have played this game a couple of times, I'd like to say:
-Check "Test Tubes" from WiP, haven't yet played the available levels, but it looks very promising.
-You have the puzzle model pack, right? I would have loved to see you use those.
-Make the level where I was running on the planks on poles, trying to dodge the machineguns, longer. It was fun, but it lasted about 3 seconds... :S

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 17:38
*bump"

has anyone finished the game yet? the lack of reviews are dicouraging, dont care if they are bad reviews just wanna know what everyone thinks!

Quote: "I must say that I don't think there are any puzzles yet in the game."

its a physics based puzzle game, their are no conundrums

(this isnt countdown) a refrence im sure only british people will get.

Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 03:28
final attempt at a bump

shame about the lack of comunity feedback

oh well, at least our new game is getting some forum support

[url="http://raptr.com/k2indahouse?src=em_forum"][/url]
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 10:34 Edited at: 27th Oct 2011 10:36
I just played "Subject 80" twice until level 5 but there is no use of giving a real review because there is no real game.

Level 1: destroying boxes - took me less than 60 seconds, boring
Level 2: pushing boxes - took me less than 2 minutes, boring
Level 3: stacking boxes(!) - took me about 2 minutes, boring
Level 4: no more boxes, instead it's running on a straight path over pipes back and forth while being shot at (no way of avoiding the shots) - took me another 2 minutes, boring.
Level 5: Balancing/jumping on plankes and poles over a floor full of spikes. So unworthy of playing that my old Tomb Raider discs tried to attack the screen and I had to stop. So far the levels took less time to play than the loading/introduction in between them

Honestly I have underestimated the warden. I thought he was just a sadist, but the truth is, that the's a real psychopath who is secretly boring his inmates to death on this obstacle course while pretending it's about their survivial skills.

The only thing I did like was the animated green/blue screen, which was running while the warden spoke at the start of each level. It had a nice retro-style that reminded me of the 70ies James Bond movies.

Unfortunately it was ruined by the wardens disturbing speeches which included mindless babbling about punishment for treason, getting bullets in the head or watching the family die. I have no idea what drives a sane person to include that in a game - but maybe that's allready the answer.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 15:28
Quote: "I have no idea what drives a sane person to include that in a game - but maybe that's allready the answer.
"
While I agree with most of what you said, I don't agree with this last part. Haven't you watched any Saw movies or any horror\thriller\action movie lately? Many movies include people being shot or threatening a person with their families lives. If you don't want violent story lines, then why are you on a First Person Shooter Creator forum?

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 18:51 Edited at: 27th Oct 2011 18:56
@darimc: Before I write an answer I want to assure you, that I respect you as a fellow forum user and that I don't seek any quarrel.

But I am afraid our point of views are very far apart and it's most likely no one will give in to the others arguments.

That said:

Quote: "Haven't you watched any Saw movies "
Never have, never will. That should explain everything.

Quote: "then why are you on a First Person Shooter Creator forum?"

Firstly, this game right here is NO Shooter. Which is a funny contradiction to your question.

And secondly, FPS isn't FPS.

I enjoy games like Fallout where the adversaries I have to fight are mostly zombies, mutated monsters, robots or proven villians. But I never have and never will enjoy a pure military shooter where I have to kill dozens of humans who's only fault is to fight for the other side.

And yes, I think one can be a carebaer and still enjoy a good shooter. He just hasn't that much variety of games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:32:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:32:45