Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 23:49
I've just made and launched my site and I'm trying to put allot of tutorials and examples for newcomers. Is there anywhere I can find some useful tutorials to add to my site as "useful links"?

Link for my site is below

http://www.ameadusproject.com
Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 02:57
why is the title "a game" and also, look up TDK's tutorials.

"Insert funny coding-related joke here"
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 11:59
To make your signature a link (nobody likes to copy and paste, use code below in your signature (I wish somebody had told me this, I tried to use href).

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 13:15 Edited at: 19th Oct 2011 13:23
I'd ask a staff member at TGC before doing something like this. Here are a few policies from the AUP that may apply.

Quote: "

1.2 Do not mirror our file collection without express written permission

1.3 Do not link to our files directly without express written permission

1.4 Do not redistribute our file collection without express written permission

2.4 Do not extract or reuse any information from our site without express written permission

5.1 All third party files offered on our web sites remain the copyright of their respective holders. The postings made in the Forums remain the copyright of their respective author.
"

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
BlackChaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 14:29
Quote: "why is the title "a game""

Sorry I changed my mind on what to write half way through, but I was originally gonna ask if anybody needs and example or tutorial made for an idea that they have.

I'd ask a staff member at TGC before doing something like this. Here are a few policies from the AUP that may apply.

1.2 Do not mirror our file collection without express written permission

1.3 Do not link to our files directly without express written permission

1.4 Do not redistribute our file collection without express written permission

2.4 Do not extract or reuse any information from our site without express written permission

5.1 All third party files offered on our web sites remain the copyright of their respective holders. The postings made in the Forums remain the copyright of their respective author.
"
"

The only association to any TGC forum and my site are the "Useful Links". Instead of asking for permission to post these links on my site can't I just write something like "This site has no affiliation with TGC or any of its copyrighted products"??

To make your signature a link (nobody likes to copy and paste, use code below in your signature (I wish somebody had told me this, I tried to use href).
"

Thanks I will change it ASAP

Ameadus Project

http://www.ameadusproject.com
Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 19:35
Well if you read these forums enough, alot of people are looking for not tutorials on sytax, but on logic. So that would be helpful. Also maybe a forum for questions/help.

t is s gnat re h as ben destro ed by A m d
BlackChaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 19:52
Quote: "Well if you read these forums enough, alot of people are looking for not tutorials on sytax, but on logic. So that would be helpful. Also maybe a forum for questions/help.
"

Thanks for the advice. Do you know any of these threads?

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 03:12
not actual threads, but the comments, ask around, no one in the newcomers forum needs help with syntax, its just "I know the syntax, but how do I make something with it" So try to focus on doing that. Ill be glad to help, though Im somewhat of a noob as well so.

BlackChaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 12:57
Thanks Darkzombies. I am going to be uploading a few more projects to my site withing the next weeks, stuff like rts, rpg, turnbased project files.

I know whats its like to be a noob so hopefully this helps

Check out my website -> Ameadus Project <- Over 2,000 free textures
Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2011 04:02 Edited at: 21st Oct 2011 04:26
Dont forget stuff like tic tac toe and sidescrolling space shooters, little stuff like that is easy to make and people can learn alot from it. Ill donate my space shooter when Im done.

First thing I want you to do, is a tutorial on how to use a timer lol, I still have trouble with that.

EDIT: Still do with the timer() tutorial, but I looked up a TDK tutorial, it was actually really helpful.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 04:56:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 04:56:08