Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / To what extent can this be done using Dark Data

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am new to Dark Basic Pro (I have not received the software yet - just signed up and ordered). This is my first post, so I have some basic questions. I also got me Dark Data. After looking at some info on various sites, I noticed that large scale games are possible with Dark Basic Pro.

Can Dark Data do the following?

I would like to create a Trading game. I will have a large market window with thousands of items people can buy sell and trade. Given the possible number of users. What would be the maximum number of persons that can connect to a server that handles all those items. I assume I would use Dark Net for networking and Dark Data for the database. Each person would have to have room in the database to store itesm sold traded or bought. The server would have all this data and it would not be saved on the users computer.

Actually to change my question a bit. Is a Client Server based game even possible with Dark Basic Professional? If you have an answer to this, could you please elaborate. Give some detail maybe some scenarios or examples to this.
Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2011 17:27
Well actually, you don't even need any plugins, they just help. You can do all that without them, but if your THAT new, you should learn the syntax (commands) and do some tutorials, also. Just wondering, will a player be hosting a server, or will someone be hosting it 24/7?

Either way, again, you should practice before attempting it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 06:12:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 06:12:11