Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Character with blade weapon, how to properly setup ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Basically what I want to achieve is that a hidden dummy collision object is following the characters right hand / sword movement.
The character has been saved with the sword, making it one of the limbs. My idea was to turn the dummy object into a dynamic rigid object, get x,y,z of the sword limb and pass it on to the rigid object by using PHY SET RIGID BODY POSITION.
However it doesn't seem to be that easy. Once the dummy has been turned into a rigid body and the position been passed on, the swords position and rotation is never identical to the one which is weighted to the right hand bone. In addition to that, the sword seems to have it's own life, jittering around, probably caused by collision with the character controller. Same when hitting another physx object. Of course the sword should be static/solid in the right hand. But first I need the sword collision object to follow the original swords movement.

Can someone please lead me into the right direction ?
Should I create a prop bone and pass it's coordinates to the rigid body instead of using the sword limbs position ?
Or is there a totally different way of how to do it ?
I appreciate any help !

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Was able to fix my problem

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 18:04
so how did you do it?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 10:51 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2011 10:54
Actually my idea wasn't so wrong. The main problem was caused by the exporter (object being offset), after using the Panda exporter the dummy object was at the right spot.
Now all I had to do was make it follow the swords movements, and I accomplished that by using

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 10:44:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 10:44:09