Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Game Kit 106 Build Released

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 19:44
New version available to download from your order history.

This beta should only be downloaded by users who want to try out the new Android networking functionality or want to help with the Bada compatibility testing (now supporting version 2.0.2).

Full list of changes:

Fixed issue with AppGameKit Viewer not sending the very latest coordinate back when pressed/touched. Affected virtual buttons.
AGK Viewer tweaks for compatibility
Fix for android devices that reject the default render buffer format (producing a black or corrupted screen)
Removed 5 second timeout from AppGameKit Viewer System
Made busy waiting the default method of controlling sync rate, fixed loading of images with 87 pixels in latest version of the interpreter code whilst working on 106
Changed iOS App Viewer to quit instead of run in the background
Fixed iOS not shutting down sockets properly when closing
Modified physics step code to not clear forces on manual step, only on sync
Tweaks to perfect the new trial version of AppGameKit (added Windows lib for VS10)
Fixed bug where iOS may get stuck waiting for a socket to close
Modified interpreter to broadcast to the compiler instead of the other way around, fixed time out bug for broadcasting large tier 1 projects
Updated samsung bada libs, player and template for Bada 2.0.2
New bada 2.0.2 removes need for simulator lib
Updated AppGameKit Super Transfer Tool to maintain the files for the free trial version of AppGameKit as well
Updated bada to version 2.0.2
Changes to reference documentation.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Does this include Android T2?
Nokiaqd
Years of Service
User Offline
downloading......

Cool thx!!!

badablog.ru - bada developer
Nokiaqd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 07:17 Edited at: 1st Nov 2011 07:27
huh, bada plaeyr has a very heavy ~6 mb (I compile target release, not debag) and "core" file is 8 mb.. wt??

i found good program to get osp "STune" path is osp\aplications\ "youer unic app str" \ then folder you need.
for some reason all projects i broadcast into player saved in Deta folder, if I pass all the examples, these examples remain in the phone memory, this is a very large volume of data.

In any case, my game actually has a bit of data and its size is less than 1 megabytes of data, but with the player and this core file, it will weigh more than 10 megabytes, I can not explained the people in the market so why would they download a large-sized game with a primitive graphics.

In any case, Thanks for that can be read and tell me how to reduce the size of the game in the final stage.

btw i use 2.0.2 Bada ide tnx..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I also have an issue why AppGameKit has Joystick, fonts and button images implemented in the main exe, when in many cases we are not using these files. This is for iOS T2 but I guess it applies to all T2 platforms. I know that the reason for these files are because of the T1 interpreter, but this is basically useless overhead and an unnecessary handicap for T2 users.

Make these files external PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!
Deion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 16:11
Quote: "Does this include Android T2?"

i'd like to know this also

Cheers,
Deion G.
makifc
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Mike;
I can't find libraries for Bada WQVGA and HVGA model in AppGameKit 1061 Beta release. Provided library only works with WVGA model like in previous release

Here is an sample compilation error:
libs\libAGKSamsung.a(b2BlockAllocator.o) uses VFP register arguments
Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool but I would be happy if the agk player for the iOS supported multitouch
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 22:03 Edited at: 8th Nov 2011 22:03
Great stuff TGC! As always. You are really pulling out some good stuff!

AGK seems growing pretty well, but as mentioned in my other thread, HTTP requests would be a perfect addition, this allows loads of possibilities, it wouldn't just allow games to be created with online highscore tables and that sort of stuff, it would open possibilities to create full open applications with interactive animations,
connecting all the people into one database and so on...

Keep this up! Love the progress.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 00:59
We're just about to start testing the 106 build for release soon, and Paul has been shifted into gear 1.1 which includes those lovely HTTP and AD commands. I am sure you can't wait, so get those PHP skills brushed up and start registering for AdMob accounts as you're going to need them

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
So 1.06 will include Android T2, and 1.1 http and ad?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Any info on what's new in 1062?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems like there is android support for t2 + templates.
however i couldn't find a setup guide in the docs...
Nokiaqd
Years of Service
User Offline
@LeeBamber how soon we can get "106" update

tnx

nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 23:11
Hopefully, we will see release details and development roadmaps soon Lee?

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds great Lee! Keep this up! I indeed can't wait!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 07:40 Edited at: 19th Nov 2011 08:12
Had really some big time problems to make ECLIPSE download updates as it was stopping half way all the time.

The installation process of the Android SDK is really tiresome
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 17:36 Edited at: 19th Nov 2011 19:00
Finally managed to follow all the steps and set up a working Android dev enviornment. I compiled my game and it seems to be working on my android tablet!

However, where do I put the graphics and music data directory structure in Eclipse? And do I just include links to the files (like in Xcode), or do I have to copy the actual files in the android_template?

I copied all the data files in a directory ASSETS in a android_template, and REFRESHED in ECLIPSE. Is this the right way to do it? After doing that, the apk file grew from 1mb to 6mb, so I guess that the data is being included. However my game now simply exits after the LOADING message I print at the start. I guess this is because the Android Tablet maybe cannot handle so much big spritesheets!!!!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 19:21
You need to put media in the "assets" folder, they will then be bundled into the apk file.
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
I've had Eclipse and the Android SDK installed for a long time. Are there steps we can now take to build an APK? If so could you please post them or point me to where they are listed? I'd like to prototype APK installations at this point as well as my project is nearing completion.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 19:41
If you check your product history you'll see the latest version which is 1064, I think there is also going to be a 1065 shortly with the most recent android player fix mentioned above.

And for those that want to remove the accelerometer calibration from your apps see http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191506&b=41
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 21:44 Edited at: 20th Nov 2011 05:08
Ok, I'm looking into getting things going with 1064.

SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2011 00:06 Edited at: 20th Nov 2011 05:05
Edit/update: Ok, finally got things working, but a lot has to be cobbled together in just the right sequence with exactly the right settings/values. Took a very long time and required many steps where things can easily go wrong.

Is this going to be required in future updates? That is, will the interpreter compiling process and app integration process eventually be automated for the user? I've spent hours getting things installed, files edited, cygwin compiling, and Eclipse launching. As bjadams points out, this procedure is pretty cluttered and obfuscated, hopefully it will be streamlined in the future, including a 'Build APK' option within AppGameKit like other tools have.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the procedure is complicated because we are using C++ instead of java. That's the price we have to pay to get rid of java, and to tell the truth, I am not very fond of Java!

What i would like is a way to CONFIGURE the cygwin batch file so that it automatically CDs to a directory of my choice (where the android_template is located) so as that I don't have to type manually every time.

Also is it possible to build a batch file INSIDE cygwin so that it executes the ndk-build 2> log.txt command, so that I won't have to type?

I am not familiar with UNIX so I need some help on this. If I would have this, the process of compiling would become much easier. In Eclipse I just have to press f5 to refresh and RUN.
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
It should be that simple in AGK. After installing the Android SDK and setting things up, you really should only need to build to an APK directly from within AppGameKit (including setting its parameters from with the IDE). No problem with editing things in a text editor for manifest details and setting landscape parameters, but requiring the additional cygwin interpreter compiling does slow things down and make things more error proned.

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an earlier version of dev kit running. I want to download and install 1065. Can I just download over existing, or do I need to uninstall and reinstall newer version?
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 18:02
Allways uninstall and reinstall. your games will not go away by doing this, unless you happened to save it in the AppGameKit folder, with the same names as the examples, for some reason...

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:13:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:13:15