Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Questions about AGK updates

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 01:52
Hi,

Im interested in purchasing AppGameKit, but im a little confused about the update process. The AppGameKit website mentions that only bug fixs and minor updates will be included, and major updates will cost $887 for every $100,000 made? I'm not sure if im reading it right.

And what will "minor" updates entail? Support for 3D commands?

What do "major" updates entail?

Thanks.

Simple knows best.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2011 08:23
If you are an indie developer you pay a one off fee for AppGameKit of $111.99. If you make over $100k in the future you pay a one off upgrade of $887.

Free updates recently have included Android support and improvements and fixes to the current command set.

It's not clear yet what major updates will contain and how much they will cost. It could be, for example, that a major update might bring a whole new command set.
Nokiaqd
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure at the expense of function 3d, but for additional platforms and useful upgrade I am ready to pay a reasonable price

badablog.ru - bada developer
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I wish I would make $100k in the future & gladly pay you the $887!!!
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 01:05
Thanks the main thing I'm worried about is that if i buy AppGameKit now, and a future major update comes out. Will the major update be included in AppGameKit? I would have to buy the major upgrade while, others that buy AppGameKit in the future will get the major update at no extra cost...

Should i wait until a major update comes out to buy AppGameKit and save my money?

Programming and video games, what else could you need?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think that the upgrade will cost as much as buying agk anew so its still worth it.
and who knows when a version 2 will come out. maybe in 1 year. will you waste 1 year waiting when agk is really good now and you can actually make & release casual type games very easily?
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2011 19:19
While waiting for the update, you could already be selling apps, earning back 10x the investments of any future updates. I would not care too much about the future, get it now, and start learning!

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 23:19
Hi,

In the past it's true that we would sell a product once and then release free updates for ten years, minor and major With AppGameKit, to keep the development viable, we decided to split the work between minor updates such as bug fixes and essential additions, which would be free and major upgrades which include new platforms and new tools/features as part of a new product. Existing users can then upgrade to the new product at a discount and thus join the army of products that use a similar business model. This means we can pump a lot more resources into AppGameKit and it's growth, which means you get more, sooner. Hopefully this works for everyone.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:04:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:04:23