Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Blackout - DTO Competition Entry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2011 05:14 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2011 05:47
:/

http://sites.google.com/site/jordanz2010/
3Bit
Years of Service
User Offline
Logo could use some work,

Nice screenshots though.

3Bit
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2011 10:52
@JZ28

the screenies look good man! I like the contrast between the light and dark areas. At least it's not pitch black like some of the games in these forums. You have used the shadows really nicely through that wire fence.

But, you do have some lights without sources in the first screen. In the second screen, there is a post that seems to be eating the wire fence. And, I think (in my opinion) there is too much bloom. But, i'm not a big fan of bloom; some people really like it, i think it's sometimes used to mask poor graphics.

Apart from those little niggles, looks really good! Keep going.

Unfamillia

born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
I like all the new entities. First see them in our forum.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 19:59
I like it a lot! Whether you meant it or not, the lighting makes the area almost look like a prison complex (Bright white lights, fences, grey colour scheme), which really fits your story. It's almost like the characters have been "institutionalised" within the society they live in. Expanding on this idea, perhaps consider adding spotlights onto some of the roofs of the buildings.

That being said, I think you could decrease your ambience level by just a tad. There are also 3 strange lights on the building in the first screen - I have no idea where they have come from.
JZ28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 05:02 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2011 05:47
Thanks for the comments and helpful advice.

The mysterious lights are there because i haven't yet finished making the light models. They keep getting pushed deeper into the pile of unfinished models and textures. I've almost gotten all my menu and hud images ready, All i need to do is write up a script for them.

In the meantime, here are a few new shots of another street. I still don't have it lit up how i want it, and its still missing those light sources. However I think that it's ready to be shown. Ive also included a shot of how the main menu might look like. How do you all like the title?

kulet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 00:54 Edited at: 11th Nov 2011 01:49
Nice graphics and level design, even a nicer lighting, I also admire the menu screen, how'd you do that? I mean, how did you manage to put an options menu?

work in progress
JZ28
Years of Service
User Offline
As of right now there is only an options button, it doesn't do anything yet. Ill let you know when i have a menu figured out.

I thought the fourth screenshot would get some attention. Anyhow, I have finally mastered the art of animated textures. It was kinda hard to do without bond1's animated shader download link not working (hint hint bond).

[img][/img]

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2011 09:48
@JZ28

How do you make animated textures without Bond's Shader?

I have X10 and can't use Bonds shaders!! Very Annoying. If your method works with X10, i would be Very happy!

Sorry for going off topic!

This is looking very nice, i really like the atmosphere you have created, although i can' see how the last screenshot fits in to the story......a load of TV's!?

Joking!!

Unfamillia

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Aww man I got to admit it.....

This is a great design man.The town is really cool and atmosphere is fit.But maybe it will bit lag lol.My FPSC only reach 29-35 for outdoor and indoor 30-52 fps.Well good luck on competition mate.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2011 23:31
Quote: "How do you make animated textures without Bond's Shader? "

Quote: "It was kinda hard to do without bond1's animated shader download link not working"

I think he meant it was hard because the download link wasnt working... not because he doesnt have the shader

@JZ: Youre cooking up some GREAT models mate! Cant wait to see more!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
kulet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 04:28 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2011 04:44
I guess everyone should see this! By the way, (FYI) I am not into the competition, and I guess it's bad that you do this to others just to make your game ahead of us! http://allinthemined.forum-motion.com/t347-the-end-of-year-defy-the-odds-competition I think your a good one, but I am wrong, you even call another game a cheater??? Tsk tsk tsk..

everyone should click and read!

work in progress
JZ28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 05:47 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2011 05:59
Wait a minute, do what to make a game ahead of you? All im doing is sharing my progress on another forum as well as this one. Did you miss the date at the top?
Quote: "Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:20 pm
"

Thats an awful lot later than the earlier start date, now isn't it?

And so what if i said a few things about a few other screen shots? Am i not entitled to my opinion? If i told someone there textures were messed up in this forum they would throw a rage at me. In the screen shot i called a cheater i see many half life two models. the crates, office boxes, etc. well? aren't they? Did he get valves permission to use them? looks like it to me.

Clearly i missed my November 3rd deadline, so its not like it matters anyways. I only came back to participate in the end of year contest that i have now missed. So don't worry, ill be out of your hair for good now.

EDIT
Keth, can you lock my thread? thanks.

kulet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 08:45
Dude you already erased the pictures on the thread? And you even accused one of the game as a cheater? Clearly you have the freedom to voice out what you wanted to say, but accusing a game cheater isn't right. And I see you already erased all the evidences.

work in progress

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:32:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:32:57