Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / File Not Found

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Getting runtime exception. In vs2008, CSharp, I get an error at
public fMain()
{
InitializeComponent(); <--- exception here
}

OK... I build it under vs2008. It said it could not find the references for DarkGDK,DGDKLib, and DGDKPlugins. I removed them and the manually added them. then when I ran, that is where I get the exception. I also get it in VS2010. Following is info on the exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
Message=Could not load file or assembly 'DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Source=DarkGDKApplication3
FileName=DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1
FusionLog==== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = corkycomp\roujesky
LOG: DisplayName = DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/sc/DarkGDKApplication3/DarkGDKApplication3/bin/Debug/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : DarkGDKApplication3, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: No application configuration file found.
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: DarkGDK, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e5d518e3875aacb1
LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

StackTrace:
at DarkGDKApplication3.fMain.InitializeComponent()
at DarkGDKApplication3.fMain..ctor() in D:\sc\DarkGDKApplication3\DarkGDKApplication3\fMain.cs:line 29
at DarkGDKApplication3.Program.Main() in D:\sc\DarkGDKApplication3\DarkGDKApplication3\Program.cs:line 18
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 00:01
Never experienced anything like that here. One of the DGDK library dependancies is not where it should be or it was not installed fully.

Since you built it in debug mode the reference to the library itself may be intact; I cannot remember if it lets you build with just a warning instead of a compile error; but the base DGDK libraries (DGDKLib.dll, DGDKPlugins.dll) may not be where they should be; at the location stated in the reference properties; and on any machine you run the program in.

roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
what is odd, is that I can build and run an example program successfully (SlidingColision.sln).... I am probably going to uninstall and install again....
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same....
attached is a screenshot of the error...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 19:14
If you reinstalled Visual Studio and the GDK, then they are not the source of the problem. There is something going on with the project solution file; one of the file paths in one its properties is invalid.

What about the example projects, do they work?

jojoofu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 20:11
You need to set target platform to x86. By default visual studio build is set to target all platforms. To change this in VS 2008. Go to the tools tab select Options. Expand the projects and solutions tab and select the general category. Under general check the show advanced build configurations box.

Now go to the build tab and select configuration manager ( this will only appear after the check box has been checked) Under the platform drop down list select new and then select x86 from the platform options. You may need to re-add the references once more. Then run the project.

Just remember 64bit platforms aren't supported by the GDK. However they will still run on a 64 bit machine because windows will still include the x86 assemblies.

" The best slaves are the ones who think they are free. "
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks!!!!!!!!
Jojoofu that was it... Now I am building and running.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:56:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:56:28