Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Ok, what's next?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I downloaded the App Game kit and started playing around with it. I really want to start writing games for my phone. I wrote something and I wanted to play it on my phone. What do I do now? Where can I find a step by step guide that I can follow to compile, upload, etc. to my Android phone?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 00:41
Go to your Android App Store, find the AppGameKit Player, download and install it. Switch off your firewall, run AppGameKit, load one of the examples, click Compile, Run and Broadcast and your app will appear on your Android device providing you are running OS 2.3 or above. Sorted.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
I went to the app store and searched for "agk player" but it did not show up.

Question. If I want to distribute this game as a free app, do users have to download the agk player? I'm a little confused on how that works.
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I downloaded AppGameKit Player for Android and copied it to my phone. I then installed and ran it. It's just says "Standby" and sits there. WHat do you mean when you say "Switch off your firewall"? Is that on my phone? I have an Droid Bionic. If you're referring to turning off the firewall on my phone, can you be a little more specific and tell me how to do that?

Thanks.
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, I got it to work! Very cool how it loads and runs. Thanks for the instructions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:33:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:33:42