Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Errors from the temples in vc++

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 19:37
I have a very strange error. I couldn't get any of my simple programs. i was getting some weird this . so i started a new project from the darkGDK wizard template. When i tried to comple it, with no lines made by me, i get these errors.

1>Linking...
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_TCPIP referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::SetNetConnections(int)" (?SetNetConnections@CNetwork@@QAEHH@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_IPX referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::SetNetConnections(int)" (?SetNetConnections@CNetwork@@QAEHH@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectPlay referenced in function "private: static int __stdcall CNetwork::StaticGetConnection(struct _GUID const *,void *,unsigned long,struct DPNAME const *,unsigned long,void *)" (?StaticGetConnection@CNetwork@@CGHPBU_GUID@@PAXKPBUDPNAME@@K1@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectPlay4A referenced in function "private: static int __stdcall CNetwork::StaticGetConnection(struct _GUID const *,void *,unsigned long,struct DPNAME const *,unsigned long,void *)" (?StaticGetConnection@CNetwork@@CGHPBU_GUID@@PAXKPBUDPNAME@@K1@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_ComPort referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_SERIAL referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_Phone referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_MODEM referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_INet referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_ServiceProvider referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectPlayLobby2A referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>Debug\test stock.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\John ADMIN\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Project1\test stock\test stock\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>test stock - 12 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

what is wrong? ? i don't understand most of these errors. please help me.

Heres Johnny
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 03:37 Edited at: 19th Nov 2011 03:39
Thoughs are all linking errors i belive. so this might help.
1. Go to project
2. at the bottom of the list it is [gamename]properties. for example i think your game name is test stock so it would look like this:

test stock proerties

3. click configuration properties tehn c/c++ then code generation
4. change runtime library to multi-threaded (/MT)

That should work

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 08:51 Edited at: 20th Nov 2011 00:07
What version of VC++ are you using, these errors usually happen when you use Visual C++ 2010, you should use 2008, or you are using to new of a DirectX SDK, you should be using DXSDK August 2007.
JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 16:50
<<What version of VC++ are you using, these errors usually happen <<when you use <<Visual C++ 2010, you should use 2008 or you <<are using to new of a DirectX <<SDK, you should be using DXSDK <<August 2008.

i am using visual c++ 2008, but i am using the august 2007 sdk, so i'll try the sdk 2008 and see if that works, ty

Heres Johnny
JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 21:36
nope, still didn't work? should i reinstall darkgdk? or the compiler.

Heres Johnny
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Try going into the "DarkSDK.h" file in your "TheGameCreators\DarkGDK\Include" folder and commenting out the line that says "#include <DarkSDKMultiplayer.h>".
JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2011 04:51 Edited at: 20th Nov 2011 04:51
Wow, thank you all for the tips, i finally got it to work, i just uninstalled visual c++ and the directsdk and re-installed them and it works. thank you.

Heres Johnny

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:11:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:11:24