Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Atls and atlsd

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Clicking on Box2D.vcproj (2008 Express), I then make “generate the solution” and all is held without problem. Alas, as under other projects, for example with SFML, the linker complains about the absence about “atls and/or atlsd”.

However it is specified in .vcproj: “ IgnoreDefaultLibraryNames= " atls.lib atlsd.lib " “

How to regulate this annoying recurrence definitively?

Can Codes::Blocks be used in the place of MSVC? My attempts failed; if CB does not speak about ATL, it objects, that x number of variables were not defined. What is necessary to add in addition to the repertory of the INCLUDE and the LIB?
muddflap
Years of Service
User Offline
Edit the Linker properties and put a semi colon between the two.
Koganwel
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, Mufflad, for your answer.

During my explorations to tame capricious C++ and his environment, I had read the need to put it “; ” between the two LIB. I did it (and I have just remade it), always to no purpose. Rather than to have 55 errors, I have of them nothing any more but 54 - concerning still this diabolic ATL.

What me intrigue is the fact that, according to my reading of the forum, of many users of AppGameKit apparently solved this disturbing problem. I must be naive, but I hoped that AppGameKit would automatically regulate this blasted problem of linkage with VC - that I did not solve yet well with other libraries, such SFML. If TGC offers examples to us, which the guy succeeded in doing friend-friend with VC - the 2008 like the 2010 (but I have not a better success with VC2010, being confronted with the same many errors).

It must exist some share well at least ONE person who knows how to tame C++ starting from AppGameKit!! What it is this mystery which several people seem to also live, on this forum as on the many others that I visited with the search for the solution?

Strange world...

A solution, and only one, must exist some share since people can use what escapes to me, escapes to US, because I am not only with this disturbing problem on the arms.

Sigh.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2011 03:46
It should be a space between the two, but I'm not sure why it is failing. Does it happen in both release and debug mode? Does it happen with all the examples or just this one?
Koganwel
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Mike,

First of all, VC2008 is a clean installation, nothing inappropriate was added.

This deplorable search for ATL by the linker continues with the other examples of the workspace Native/Windows. However, when you prepared us these examples, making them well obviously run on the screen, it created for itself a file .vcproj and it is beautiful and well that one which we use? And this file indicates in all letters to the linker to forget ATL. It does not do it. Would something have to be added some share so that this request is recognized by this capricious linker? That arrives with certain libraries. I think that if such were the case, of the users would have already informed you of an unspecified lack, AppGameKit has been available for several months and popular already.

Obviously users of AGK/C++ are with work and one does not read them to question oneself, all functions for them. Would they have been able to compensate for themselves for a lack which remains a mystery for me (and for others also)? I would like to read these users for whom AGK/C++ walks as a charm, as AGK/Basic functions at home with the same facility as DarkBasic Pro. The only problems come from me, when I program. Here are problems sympathetic nerves, a small recourse to the help and I correct my errors. In the case of AGK/C++, I am plunged in the black vis-a-vis this annoying ATL which is invited without rendez-vous.

Using VC2008 translated into French does not have to constitute a problem of linkage!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:51:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:51:19