Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / APP creation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 00:03 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2011 14:09
Ok, so im very good with cpu stuff but im new to all this game creating. my parents would like me to learn how to make a app or iphone games. anything i need to know post here. THANKS

XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 00:24 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2011 00:25
Start here. Download the trial and look at the examples.

http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/

Also, there is a lot of material on the Internet to learn how to program. What I suggest is start with an easy to learn language such as Basic(QBasic) and go from there. Tier 1 is all in Basic so the two will go hand in hand. I'd start searching for it.
You're not going to write an app on your first try but give it some time.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 00:25
First of, it's good advice to not tell your age on the internet. You never know whom is online.
Secondly, to start with programming, you could either get AppGameKit and check out the tutorials and included games and see how they work, or get DBPro and try out plenty of tutorials and learn while trying out stuff on your own, or ask help here on the forums.
AGK and DBPro are easy enough to get you started, and still powerful enough to make nice games.

Cheers

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 00:34 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2011 00:35
Hi yomomma. A small thing before I begin, you're not supposed to post your age if under 18 so just quickly edit that out.

Quote: "anything i need to know post here."

To be honest, there's a lot that you need to know and most of it only comes with time and practice so don't expect to make the next Angry Birds after a few weeks. Having said that though it's also important to have long term goals so if it is your dream to make a world wide renowned app (as it is for most of us ) then keep working towards it.

Going back to your question, it's kind of like asking "I want to be good a maths what do I need to know?". Well, we can't exactly form a list of everything little thing you need to know but we can offer advice and past experience. I'd start by learning the basics of programming such as datatypes, arrays, control structures, loops and functions. They may not be that fun but they are essential to any app you make.

Have you purchased AppGameKit yet? AppGameKit would have to be one of the easiest languages out there to learn but unfortunately there aren't that many tutorials for the basics of it yet. There are however TDK's Tutorials and although these are writtne for DarkBASIC Pro, the two language are very much alike so it should teach you nonetheless.

Most importantly, have fun.

Edit - Two people ninja'd me! I saw this thread first!

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 00:49
Quote: "Edit - Two people ninja'd me! I saw this thread first "

Was it the 'Flashlight Ninja' by any chance?

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 01:28
Quote: "Was it the 'Flashlight Ninja' by any chance?"

I don't see baxslash around so nope... but then again I never see that guy around when he's in ninja mode.

@ Yomomma: one other thing is that it's probably best to learn how to write apps for your PC/Mac first before moving to mobile development simply because there can be more to think about when writing a mobile application such as performance. So you'll want to know the basics like the back of your hand and have developed a decent programming style before attempting to build a mobile app.

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 02:06
Quote: "I don't see baxslash around so nope... but then again I never see that guy around when he's in ninja mode. "

Hehehheheh! I actually meant THIS guy.

Quote: "So you'll want to know the basics like the back of your hand and have developed a decent programming style"

Good advice, Hodgey!

@Yomomma:
Good practice is to keep your code clean, indented and well documented (especially for your own good while you learn and also to make your code easily readable for others that might help you out if you ask for help).

yomomma
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey thanks guys im testing stuff out now, NINJAS? HERE!?!?!?!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:10:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:10:32