Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / My FPS [need Help]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all,
i m making a FPS game i m new to GDK i m unable to add collisions and gravity please someone help me here is my code and demo video..
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME HOW TO ADD GRAVITY AND COLLISIONS
THANKS

Here is The Sample Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhAa7PW4q3M
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
What you need is physics. Search the forums for your options as there are several: darkphysics, sparky's, bullet, havok, and more. MattyH has a physics lib that ties wonderfully with how Gdk handles objects...

JTK
Neotron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2011 17:53
Do you want collision with only animated objects and the ground or do you want the physics system that contains realistic simulations of objects lying around to interact with.

If collisions only , then i suggest that you search for sparky's collision only. And design your own code for the gravity system. E.g.

Thats it.

If you want physics , then dont ask me , i dont do physics untill its required for me to do .

They asked me for a proof.
Now i am making one........
Wana7262
Years of Service
User Offline
Some1 Please Help me in coding collisions and gravity... i m noob in it...
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Try using DarkDynamiX, it is free (mostly), and has a great documentation, you can find it in the "Work in Progress" board. No one will code for you, you have to learn how to do it yourself.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:17:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:17:59