Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / 3D Motor Chase V1.0 - ZX Spectrum 3D Deathchase remake (source code available) DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 04:54 Edited at: 28th Apr 2013 14:44
18 days to write a full game. (16 days my missus tells me, I started 2 days after my birthday)

3D Motor Chase - 3D Deathchase remake from the good old ZX Spectrum.
(just use the left and right cursor keys)

EDIT: The complete project, with source code, media and exe is attached as a .7z file as some people were saying that the zip files were showing as corrupt. Chrome doesn't seem to have that problem though.

The original WIP forum: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191399&b=8

Download the game from the attachment on this post and the source code from the next post.

(Plans to write more information here when I'm more alive)

NEW DOWNLOAD LINK - csnorwood.site40.net/downloads/3DMotorChase_DBP_GDK.7z

which now contains everything, the executables, all media, and source code for both Dark GDK and Dark Basic Pro.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 04:55 Edited at: 10th Dec 2011 19:37
Attached is the source code written in MSVC 2008 Express C++ and Dark GDK.

Hope this helps someone out...

EDIT: Complete project, source, media, exe in the above post...

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 16:13
Awesome!

Q- can this not be achieved in DBPro or were you just trying out DGDK + C++?

Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 17:28
I tried downloading your zip file with the exe several times it seems to be a corrupted file.

[img][/img]

WindowsXP SP3,Vista,Windows 7 SP1, DBpro v7.7RC7
Stab In The Dark Editor
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 17:50 Edited at: 28th Nov 2011 17:56
@MrValentine - Most of it can be done in Dark Basic although some of it may have to be cut down to keep up with the speed. Some of the code is C optimised in certain areas where speed is essential. But I'm sure it can be done. And where the score is displayed, I've had to scratch the surface with DirectX 2D programming to do that bit. I'm more of a C/C++ programmer than a Basic programmer. I find it more intuitive.

@Stab in the Dark software - I've uploading alternative links on my website and also tested the zip files before doing so.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:34:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:34:06