Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / FTP server/gdk helP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2011 06:25
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had An easy tutorial for setting up a FTP server that gdk can get files from. Thank you in advance!

sov the game creator!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Nov 2011 10:11 Edited at: 29th Nov 2011 10:18
What systems do you use or have including OS versions.

EDIT

By the looks of it... you also mean the code to establish the connection too?

sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2011 21:17
I understand the code to establish a connection, but I have failed to find a some what easy FTP setup tutorial that will run with GDK. I tried a tutorial but for some reason it just didn't work. I could use linux server OS but I would really like a FTP server software that would be compatible with GDK and runs on windows 7.

sov the game creator!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2011 21:26
Have you tried using a virtual pc locally or even setup your own ftp inside your current pc using install programs you would use 127.0.0.1:21 to establish a connection.

sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2011 22:34
I used a a desktop pc with the FTP server on it (running) and a laptop that had the client FTP (GDK FTP connection program). I did not use virtual PC and I did not run the client GDK program on the computer that was running the ftp server. But when I get a chance I might try out that ip address.

sov the game creator!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2011 22:40
I have not toyed much in the DBPro FTP area nor DGDK yet... As I am still early on C++

But plan to make the move sometime next year once I get a few DBPro apps out and fully understand more dev stuff...

But I do use some of thr FTP commands perhaps I can send you my ftp script... I know it works...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:25:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:25:25