Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Best Tutorial Resource For "Absolute" beginners?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all,

I just got DBPro in the FireSale, and it really intrigues me.
Ive watched a few youtube tutorials from a guy called dcforemanuk.
He advertises a DVD for begginers for £8.99 Download, but the download doesn't seem to be available anymore, only an American DVD version is available but thats $45.

Does anyone know of any good resources for "absolute" beginners (aka no coding experience) that are relatively cheap, and accessible online or by download?

Georga, the M16A4. The Only Woman I'll ever need.
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 06:28
Search the forum for TDK's tutorials. They should be easy to grasp. This is the best and most sensible option. If you hit a snag, you overcome it. Programming is not something that can simply be taught like driving a car. It requires lateral thinking to solve problems. It requires determination to learn.

If you find the tutorials too hard, download Python. Next: There's a pdf called "the non-programmer's guide to python" (or something like that). While I know python and DBPro are quite different (and IMHO python is unwieldy), working in python with this guide will teach you some fundermentals about programming (and if nothing else force you to learn to indent your code properly). Once you have the fundermentals, DBPro is easy. In fact DBPro is easy period if you're willing to throw yourself in the deep end.

So try TDK's tutorials and don't be disheartened by failure to understand something (don't expect to produce Tekken 6 in your first year either). If it really isn't working, give option 2 a shot. But I'm pretty sure you'll be able to grasp DBPro if you try hard enough. Its one of the easiest languages I've ever used.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 07:06
Thats always suggested O.O though I gotta admit, it does help quite a bit, another thing I suggest is rewatching dcforeman's videos after you have a better understanding, it helps alot. Also maybe this can help: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=190494&b=7

-------------------------------------------------------------
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 17:52
Or you can buy the extremely cheap HANDS ON DARK BASIC pdf editions just look for them on the tgc store

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 06:14:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 06:14:57