Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / License question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, i purchased the Drak game studio package a coupel of years back, but didnt really use dark gdk, however i am now starting to use it and am unsure of the license, when i look on the dark gdk page on this website it says dark gdk is now free and royalty free for personal use.

Is that just if you got the free verions?, do i need to buy an additional license even though i purchased dark game studio with dark gdk?.

Im a little confused as to if mine is a free verion with a personal license or not.

Also if i download the upgrades to dark gdk does this keep the same license that i got with my purchased version?.

Any help appreciated.

JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
As I understand it, the "free for personal use" aspect is valid for development and includes the upgrades that are offered as well. However, once you are ready to distribute your product for profit, you'll need to get another commercial license. I'm not sure of the cost for the other license but I believe its fairly inexpensive; somewhere around $30 u.s.

Hope this helps clarify things for you.

JTK
GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that JTK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:43:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:43:33