Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Compiling .APK for Tier 1 issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

I am having some issues when follwing the instructions on: http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/33_android.htm.

I was able to get the AppGameKit player integrated and running. However, I am stuck when you try to integrate a project into it. The line that is confusing me is : Copy the .BYC file and all relevant media to the "assets" folder. Do you create an assets folder in the project, or is this located somewhere else?

I tried to create an assets folder in my project with all my media, but when recompling, etc. with cygwin, it still comes up with the basic agk player.

Anyone who has tried this before know what my issue could be?

Thanks,
Nate
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same issue, when trying to compile. I too had to create the assets folder. I wondered if this was causing me the trouble. No further forward as of yet though

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You have to create a folder named "assets" (all lowercase) in your project directory, copy all your files in there,and then press f5 in Eclipse to refresh the project contents.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2011 17:54 Edited at: 12th Dec 2011 17:55
Hmm, that is what I did it never made any difference here. I only thought I may have gone wrong, as the guide gives the impression you should already have the assets folder, which by the sounds you don't. Still Eclipse sees all the assets to my game and still sits at the agk player screen. I have given up trying at the moment as it's too difficult without a way of testing it easily (no phone).
Still there seem to be a fair few of us struggling a little with this. Perhaps a easy to follow video is in order? The standard written guide is just too fuzzy, on some points for us novices.

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2011 19:30
Remember to uncomment the line that wants to load the bytecode.byc

Quote: "•Now select File > Open File and navigate to the file interpreter.cpp in AGK\IDE\apps\interpreter and open it
•Modify the line after #ifdef IDE_ANDROID, around line 225
•You can do this commenting in the following line:
•strcpy ( g_pInterpreterByteCodeFile, "bytecode.byc" );
•You can do this by doing a text search for 'bytecode.byc'
"

Comment in = remove the // from the line... it's only known to expert programmers, who drink tea the rest of the world would say "uncomment"

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
nja
Years of Service
User Offline
I finally got it to work! It turns out my specific issue was that my bytecode file was named MyProject.byc instead of bytecode.byc like in the code that Impetus73 posted. You can change the C code to be your bytecode file or rename your bytecode file to be bytecode.byc to get it to work.
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 12:14
Quote: "# You may first want to duplicate the 'interpreter_android' and rename the new copy as your own app game, i.e. 'foo'
# If you do the above, enter the new project folder and open .PROJECT in NOTEPAD and rename AGKPlayer to your AppName (no spaces)"

if I duplicate this folder as it suggests then rename the duplicated folder, how do I switch that folder in eclipse, because simply refreshing won't work?

Pls/tks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 13:38:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 13:38:57