Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / 3DS Max and DarkBasic problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 02:54 Edited at: 14th Dec 2011 02:59
Hello

I have been working with 3ds max for quite some time and trying to get it to work with Dark Basic has always been a pain, but this is something new. What’s happening this time is that the game crashes when I load the model. I’ve tried many different things to fix it, xform, flattening the modifier stack, turning modifiers off. Nothing seems to work.

I’m using max 2010 with the PandaX Exporter. There’s no animation and it uses about 10 textures. The only thing in it that I think can be causing the problem is one object that has a symmetry modifier and 5 UVW maps. Do you think that could cause it?

EDIT: Opps...I meant to post this in the Dark Basic Professional area.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 05:49
PandaX Exporter i dont think does animations.....just base model

Suggested you save as .3ds and just load 3ds into darkbasic.

then convert to dbo for quicker loading

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 22:38
dbo is a DarkBASIC Pro format, not DarkBASIC Classic...

TheComet

super nintendo man
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm... The .3ds extension never worked for me before, I wonder why it starts working now. It looks like I need to convert all my textures to the PNG format but that’s no big deal. It’ll give me something to do tomorrow.

As for the DBO objects, I’m not too sure how to use them. The only boost I hear they have is faster loading times; which now that I think about it, won’t be so bad. I’ll play with them later.

Thanks for the response.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 14:01
Quote: "As for the DBO objects, I’m not too sure how to use them."

Darbasic Clasic, don't load Dbo. This model is only for Darkbasic pro. I'm not sure of your problem, but DBC(Darkbasic Clasic) loads 3ds and .x but won't animate single mesh. Only Dbpro, can load an object exported from Max with Panda exporter. If you expor from 3DMax an estatic .x, so your DBC will be able to load it.

Cheer.s

I'm not a grumpy grandpa
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 14:22 Edited at: 15th Dec 2011 14:25
ah i forgot dbclassic doesnt load dbo files

Do you have the 3ds to x converter?

Let me see if i can dig it up....

Try this instead of the pandaexporter...save as 3ds and use this program to convert to x

Attachments

Login to view attachments
super nintendo man
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I meant to post this in the Dark Basic Professional area. "

The .3ds extension doesn’t apply the textures that have a Map Chanel past 1. Know any fixes for that?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 18:12
do you mean like an animated texture during playback?

If so you would need to manualy code that in to change on your own. .x and .3ds only load into dbc with the first initial textures....

again if thats what you ment...

super nintendo man
Years of Service
User Offline
I meant more like an object with multiple textures. Texture 1 looks like it should but the others are stretched out of proportion.
Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "EDIT: Opps...I meant to post this in the Dark Basic Professional area. "

Considering this is for the DBPro area.
Exporting static or animated models can be easy as pie as long as you always collapse your modifiers. The only modifiers that should be in your stack are edit poly or mesh and skin or physics.
So if you are exporting a static mesh, your modifier stack should only consist of a poly/mesh edit modifier.
Both PandaX and KW X-Port export animation.
If you are using a model with multiple uvw's, don't forget to convert the object's FVF into the correct format .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:17:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:17:46