Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / making a dll for dbpro with gdk in it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 06:22
hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to have gdk commands be put into the dll code to make a dbpro command? It sounds interesting and I wonder if anyone has done such a thing?

p.s. RobotOS is coming along fine, the showing of robotOS working might be done on monday instead of sunday. The little bugs are sooo horrible to fix, lol but it is 98.4% done!

sov the game creator!
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 07:18
In the dll forum there's some great info on how to write DBP plugins. You don't need GDK at all either and you do have access to all the DBPro commands and more.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 19:22
ok I guess I should of done this thread in the dll forum (the gdk part made me put it in this thread) ... but I know how to make custom commands with dll I was just wondering if you could include the darkGDK.h in your dll. Like just doing plain C++ to make things happen within a dbpro command is hard! if I could use gdk commands with the dll I could create a command like... "make rts level" and by using the gdk commands, it would make it easy to do!

sov the game creator!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 19:50
You import the commands you need from the dbpro dll it is in. They are equivalent to their GDK counterparts, I use the DarkGDK naming convention so that I can compile lib/dll with dbpro or gdk with only minor changes.

You will get all the info you need in the dll section, lots of demos etc.

Here is a quick feel for what you need to do.

Globals.h
Creates function pointers which we will later set to the dll functions.

importdll.h

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:44:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:44:12