Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Family Christmas boardgame

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2011 01:39 Edited at: 25th Dec 2011 03:26
Made this for my family as a special gift since i didn't really have any ideas what to buy them... my family is so nice they all think selfmade stuff as presents are much better than anything else.

Put this here in the WIP, since though this as a family treat might not become more advanced, i would like to go further with this in the future and turn it into a nice complete game. Would be interested in what you think.

The game is for score, and that how many present you can collect before you reach the Christmas tree at the end. You are scored additional 2500 for each present at the end, and the whole bunch will be multiplied according to at what place you got to the tree.

It has only one minigame (i was hoping to add more but didn't have the time), a little 4x2 card memory stuff, which if you complete in time, you get a present. You trigger this game by landing on the places showing a present box on the board.

As long as you are staying on a green exclamation mark, you constantly get some points. If you are on the red one, you constantly get points as well, but everybody else's score will be constantly lowered! They will have this curse on themselves as long as they don't land on a green mark!

There are shortcuts which you can use by giving away a present. If you don't have any more present, and you land on one of these places, you get teleported randomly all over the map.

The blue stars are instant thousand points bonus places.

You hit space, and the dice will come down from the sky, and randomly stop at a number. Then, red rings appear on the ground, according to this number, showing which places you can go. Then you select one with the mouse.

There's an automatic camera aligning as the players move, but you can change that using the mouse.

Demo may be available of a more advanced version, if there will be one.

A little help to hungarian:
Anya - Mum
Apa - Dad
Vera - Veronica, my sister
Gergő - Me
pontszám - score
"Találj meg minden párt az idő letelte előtt" - Find all pairs before the time runs out

-In.Dev.X: A unique heavy story based shoot'em ~35%
-CoreFleet: An underground commander unit based RTS ~15%
-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 25th Dec 2011 02:39 Edited at: 25th Dec 2011 02:40
Permit me to say... SICK GAME! ( Translates as AWESOME GAME! )

EDIT

Personally I think there should be a STALLED and ACTIVE WIP threads

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 10:43
Seems like something I would like to play. The screenshots look good, I think that you should work on that game.It would be fun to have it completed for next Christmas.
Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess i'm not going to make this a Christmas specific game, but there could exist a modified edition for this season.

Thank you for your comments!

-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 00:51
This is looking great! Was it received well at Christmas?

Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
Pretty well i'm happy to say, my mother hates todays video games, so it was quite an achievement to get her playing with us, and after all it turned out to be great fun!

CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 03:09
Great to hear!

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to (600x120) maximum size

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:19:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:19:15