Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Downloadable AGK Player, Device Orientation and Text Input

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2011 12:56
Happy Holidays to all!

The downloadable AppGameKit Player responds to changes in device orientation. However, text input does not. Text input is locked to one orientation. For example: I want to run my app in landscape but text input defaults to portrait.

This is okay for testing purposes. Will the text input respond to changes in device orientation for the publishable app?

For reference... I am using the AppGameKit Player downloaded from the Android Market on a Vizio Tablet.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 11:38
Yes we found on some devices the text entry does not switch to landscape and is fixed as portrait. If you can send us a screen shot of another Android app that runs the default text entry keyboard in landscape, that might encourage us to find the solution (if there is one)

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:05:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:05:59