Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Help! AGK Magic does not work on Windows 7 Parallels for Mac OSX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 04:57
I am running AppGameKit on windows 7 through parallels on a Mac. Eveything compiles fine but I am having issues getting AppGameKit Magic to work. When trying to use the player app on an android phone or the viewer app on my iphone it will not pickup the broadcast from my Mac. I bridged the network adapter on the virtual machine so that I can ping devices on my network, and it is in the same subnet, so it is like any pc that was on the same network. It is however emulated as an ethernet adapter, even though I am using wireless. Any ideas on how I can get AppGameKit Magic working on my virtual machine?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 02:31
Why not try dual boot or is that what Apple calls native?

(sorry but not intending to flame)

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 09:51
It is alot more intuitive because I've gotten to the point where I use Mac OSX for everything else, and having to restart every time I want to develop in AppGameKit is a bit annoying. Everything else works so I don't see how AppGameKit Magic couldn't.
Christian Wheel
Years of Service
User Offline
I am also using the AppGameKit through Parallels on Lion. I haven't gotten to the point where I've run into this problem yet though. But the immediate things that come to mind are...

1) Windows firewall
2) Mac firewall

Have you checked both of those?
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 02:03
I have, it must have been something odd with the network I was on when I was testing... because it works fine on my home network...The signal was weak on the one I was trying previously, I wonder if the ios player wont function if the latency is to high given how it works by broadcasting screen grabs?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 13:21
I have found using VMWare Fusion with Unity Mode and bridged networking perform perfectly for me and runs the AppGameKit IDE under Windows emulation and broadcasts to multiple devices. It is free and fully functional for the trial, and the full price is only $49!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2012 19:53
I tried VMware fusion for a while, was pretty nice but I already had parallels so I figured Id stick with it. Either way it is working perfectly now, at least after I bridged the network adapter. I'm guessing AppGameKit Magic only checks for devices on the same subnet?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 17:53
Quote: "I'm guessing AppGameKit Magic only checks for devices on the same subnet?"

You are correct, it uses broadcast packets which are confined to the subnet they originated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:05:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:05:17