Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Block Builder 2 (Constructive Feedback Requested)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I started working on this a few days ago, yes I worked on Xmas lol Anyway, I think the game is coming a long pretty nice and I did listen to your feedback about block builder the orginal. So you should be able to see several adjustments as well as new addon's as recomend and a few art changes GUI wise. Please let me know your constructive thoughts are about the game please. Thank you in advance.

Block Builder 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaEecu3j5B4
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 04:29
Nice concept. Lose the white grid, it is unnecessary. Maybe you should look into doing this in the new mobile platform TGC has going for it. Sounds like a simple phone app that might be fun.

A 3D marble platformer using Newton physics.
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 10:34
Looks fun! I agree about the white grid. Perhaps a different color would be better, something that matches the background.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 15:01 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 15:04

Hopefully that embedded it .. its a fuss doing this on a mobile device... lol

EDIT

I like the white lines... either maybe make them thinner or apply the hazard black and white to it

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 18:42 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 18:42
I agree I was not a fan of the white grid color. Luckly becuause I did this all code wise,any image adjustments are super simple. As for a phone app, I could convert it to a windows phone app easly but what 3-8 year old has a phone? I mean my 9 year old does not have a phone yet but do other children have phones at that age? If so I guess phone app route might be nice.
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 20:05
I didn't know it was for kids I thought it would get more complicated over time. But there are games parents buy on their phones just to shut their kids up.

What is this written in?

A 3D marble platformer using Newton physics.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 21:19
Quote: "I agree I was not a fan of the white grid color. Luckly becuause I did this all code wise,any image adjustments are super simple. As for a phone app, I could convert it to a windows phone app easly but what 3-8 year old has a phone? I mean my 9 year old does not have a phone yet but do other children have phones at that age? If so I guess phone app route might be nice. "

Every 5 year old in my annoying over religious home town has a phone... not a nokia cheapo phone... some have Galaxy SII's and iPhones...

Quote: "But there are games parents buy on their phones just to shut their kids up."

sadly I never had such a parenthood... thinking about it... I never had 'plural parents'

Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I never had 'plural parents'"

"I don't have mom or dad, I just have parent"?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 22:40
haha Neuro... thanks for making my night... did you see that picture on the other thread yet?

Basically never had a father... no idea what one is... did not realise until I was about 15 that I was supposed to have one... and yet still do not understand that bond...

Mother is distant eitherway now.

by Plural I was indicating exactly what you laid bare

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow I'm shocked by the poor parenting storys above. Not claiming my parents were God's gift to the world but wow. Also shocked about the above samples of parenting. Me and my kids are fairly envoled togethier and fairly interactive. I guess were not the norm. Anyway to answer questions above, its written in Visual Basic 2010.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 23:40 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 23:41
old_School I am up for adoption... Jam on toast for breakfast for me thanks

EDIT

I henceforth nickname old_School - Daddy

Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
Every spoiled couple years old idiot, on every parts of this miserable planet has got a freakin phone with itself of some kind. But they shouldn't have, i think we all can agree on this, even if this is a development site / forum.

-In.Dev.X: A unique heavy story based shoot'em ~35%
-CoreFleet: An underground commander unit based RTS ~15%
-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 00:07 Edited at: 30th Dec 2011 00:09
Quel - I sense within the, a vibe or... jolted anger [ peace my boy, peace ]

EDIT

SPACING

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Every spoiled couple years old idiot, on every parts of this miserable planet has got a freakin phone with itself of some kind. But they shouldn't have, i think we all can agree on this, even if this is a development site / forum."

I'm sorry but what? I honestly can not make heads or tales of what your trying to say.
Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
I am suprised this is for very young kids. I couldnt make head nor tail of what you were to do from that video lol The game looks great for what it does. I think you should go the AppGameKit route and mobile it. It would suit the mobile platform better IMHO. As for the white grid I would defnintely lighten the white or make it smaller atleast. It is a bit off putting but nothing major.

I think you mentioned in the vid you would be looking for 10 dollars for this? Sorry but not a chance. I try and buy indie games as much as possible to support the community, even games I know I will never play but that is way to much for a game like this. I would think either 99c on the mobile or free with adds. That is until you make a name for yourself. Also I havent seen any branding. Who or what is your company? Do you have a website?

You are obvioulsy taking this serious which is great and something I would always support but you need to be more realistic for your very first game. I think Plants Vs Zombies (which is a huge game with lots of play time) was less than 10 when it was first released. It went up when it got popular but can be bought for cheap now. This game doesnt seem to have anywhere near the play time of PvZ. Also parents who want to shut there kids up with a game will more than likely look for something free first. So maybe free with adds on the mobile platforms would be the best option.

Just my 2c Great job though and good luck with it!
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
This software is finished and no longer a WIP. Thanks for the support.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:36:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:36:18