Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Why can I not create a app in landscape with the AGK Player?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2012 22:59 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2012 23:06
No matter what I do, I cannot seem to create an app in landscape mode using the AppGameKit Android player.

I choose a new project and choose 'landscape'

I am using a tablet, so it rests normally in its charger in landscape.

The actual wifi AppGameKit Player works 100% (as long as I turn off my firewall - even making the exceptions does not work), but ALWAYS in landscape.

Is there a command to flip the screen so it defaults to landscape, including in the AppGameKit Player?

SetOrientationAllowed (0, 0, 1, 1) does not work at all - still portrait - even in landscape (grrrrr).

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!
www.world-class-multimedia.com
For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Check your setup.agk file to make sure you're not setting the width and height incorrectly and it's trying to auto adjust or something.

Your SetOrientationAllowed command looks correct, so it must be something else.
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2012 02:22
And where would I find the setup.agk file?

The setup.agc file seems to be correct. I had it at 640x480 and then also changed it to a width of 1280 and a height of 600 (tablet dimensions). Did not matter in either case.

I did run the snake game and it was fine. I wonder what the difference was?

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!
www.world-class-multimedia.com
For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 14:53
The dimensions in setup.agc are ignored on mobile devices. Snake Snacker just uses SetOrientationAllowed(0, 0, 1, 1) to create a landscape app, if you email me your project I will take a look.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:31:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:31:30