Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / My Finger is Too Fat :/

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 09:24 Edited at: 9th Jan 2012 09:25
Ok, so testing out my game on the iPhone has led to a couple difficulties, but I have one now that I'm not quite sure how to fix.

My finger is too fat for what I'm trying to do. Basically, on Windows I click with my finger and tada! It works. However, with a cursor you can see the playfield. With my finger, however, it's way too fat.

You can't see what you're clicking, or in my application - destroying.

I'm trying to come up with a way to improve accuracy so my game is fun on the iOS instead of a frustrating experience. I have a little scroll area that I'm testing, but unfortunately it only shows the base picture (and not the 'blackened out' areas of the image that were destroyed, which were just layered sprites actually). It's attached as a picture.

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this? I don't think AppGameKit supports render surfaces, so that's out. My other option was to perhaps do a 'black/white scroll' instead of a colored one, and use sprites as 'on/off' to blacken out areas of the areas of the map that are blown out.

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 10:32
What about making it a "multi-touch" event?

I mean something like you use two fingers either side and the target positions itself in the centre of the two touch events. When the player releases it creates the hole.

Wouldn't be too hard to code, I've been playing with multi-touch and it's not so hard to track events.

anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 11:46
YUP! I got this working. Multi-touch works great! Thank you =)))

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 11:52
Great

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:49:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:49:32