Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / We are not all programmers!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just got a new PC with windows 7. So FPSC 9 doesn't work anymore - 5 years of work down the drain. Now it seems that the new FPSC x10 requires Directx 10.1. Great - except that you cannot remove directx11 from windows 7. I'm sure there is some solution, but the forum on this subject is by now highly confusing and some of the suggestions there are way beyond us ordinary customers. I've paid quite a bit for this software (by South African standards), which was purchased in all good faith and now it appears I need programming skills to make it work! Grossly unfair to us ordinary guys. Really unfair... and if you're wondering - I'm a 74 year old pensioner without money to waste. I am bitterly disappointed - and angry - at the whole situation.

Old guy in a modern world
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 13:49
Quote: "except that you cannot remove directx11 from windows 7"

You don't need to remove DX 11, you just need to install DX 10.1 alongside it.
DirectX SDK

Quote: "appears I need programming skills to make it work!"

Do you mean the FPI scripting?

reauirentem
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 15:20
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=159609&b=2&msg=2159408#m2159408

hello Grandpamike

this link should resolve your issues with running onto Win7
And the SDK budokaimanlinked you to should help too... DirectX is a LIBRARY of drivers essentially... and being a library its like adding more books (drivers) to the collection... hope this helped and nice to meet you

beer? or coffee?
you guys got some real good (pipe tobac) down there

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 16:29
As budokaiman said, you can just install directx 10.1 alongside directx 11, and do the same for directx 9.0c. So, FPSC 9 should still work.

Cheers

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 18:46
Ive got direct x 11 on my 32bit and 64bit systems. Both running fpsc x9. What problems do you have when you try to run x9?

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
grandpa mike, you can make a lot of games with already made scripts, just appoint them. it is like x9 just a few tweeks, and infact if a character does not work just assign darkai to the character. but if you have any questions on how to do something i and others will help. i have just finished my college course which as kept me off for a while.

dont despair we will help you

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Grandpamike
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all the help gents - I'll really try those links. One point though: FPSC9 isn't the issue - it worked beautifully on my old Xp machine but cannot on the new Windows 7 one. My problem is FPSC10 - the one for windows 7. All I see on the forums are guys having problems and statements like "seriously buggy on Directx 11. I have a problem installing direct X 10 - Windows 7 tells me a newer version is already installed, and that's it. (My reference to programming is not about the scripts, but about the fact that this seems to be a product where you need to know quite a bit about the inner workings of a PC to get it to work properly on a system it was designed for).

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 06:52 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 10:01
The sdk installer or end user distributions should only build upon your current install...

Can you get us a screenshot of this message?

Use snipping tool to capture just that portion of your screen...

EDIT

t in capture

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2012 13:54 Edited at: 20th Jan 2012 13:55
Quote: "One point though: FPSC9 isn't the issue - it worked beautifully on my old Xp machine but cannot on the new Windows 7 one."

just jumping in in hope to save your former (5 years???) work.
fpsc x9 runs like a charm on win7.

download original directX9.0c and install, its free (google for it). actual windows/dx-updates dont support dx9 any longer via downloader, so you have to load it by yourself.
When they made direct x 11 they did not make it fully backwards compatible.

turn off the windows UAC (User Account Control) and run installation as admin after installed the downloaded dx9.1c.

should work then.

gz

maho
Grandpamike
Years of Service
User Offline
My apologies for the lack of response, but some domestic crises intervened and I have been away from my PC for some time. My sincere thanks to all of you. I've done basically what everybody suggested and FPSCX10 is working fine now - and so is FPSCX9! GREAT!
(I'm using DirectX 10 - downloaded the SDK (took 5 hours), but, for the life of me, I can't figure out where the DirectX 10.1 file is, nor where to install it. Never mind - seems to work fine on directx 10. (Of course, this shouldn't really be necessary - which is where this all started). Anyhow, my thanks to all of you once again - and in particular for the friendly manner in which all your help was given.
A quick personal note to Mr Valentine, if the Mod will permit: Pity you can't try the tradional South African "mampoer" peach brandy - liquid dynamite - no flames within 100 meters...
Regards

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 10:00
Sadly I have tried it ^^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:05:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:05:34