Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Publishing on Apple app store

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I was looking at the available options of publishing on the apple app store (registering as a developer). The options are either a single user or a company, and the company guidelines look fairly stringent. Since I created this app with a friend, we obviously don't want to publish as a single user since that person's name would appear by the app as the creator. So, my question is: Anyone have any issues like this or know the guidelines of publishing as a "company", or a way to publish as a single user, but have the developer of the app be a "made up" name?
Also, any info on publishing with TGC, which may be an option in our situation as well.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 21:05 Edited at: 10th Jan 2012 21:06
To publish as a COMPANY, you have to submit the company legal papers to Apple. Since you are 2 friends, most probably you don't have a legal company set up, so your only option is INDIVIDUAL.

When you submit your first app, you can give a developer name under which all your apps will appear.

Maybe you can put this developer name/label as "OUR TEAM" or your names like "John Doe & James Smith"....
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 21:07 Edited at: 10th Jan 2012 21:07
However in the app store there is a seller name visible, and that name will be of the person who paid the $99 fee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:58:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:58:19