Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Placement Editor Professional - Brand New Placement Editor

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 05:59 Edited at: 21st Mar 2014 15:00
-------------------------------------------------- NOTICE --------------------------------------------------

PEP is not dead, it's just not being worked on. What's that? That is dead? No no no, you're mistaken. Anyway I will get around to re-writing a great deal of this with the necessary new features soon. As soon as I've finished my current project. I'm insanely busy right now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to the Placement Editor Professional v1.2.1 thread. Curious? Read on.

To put it simply, Placement Editor Professional (or PEP for short) is the AppGameKit Placement Editor rewritten, completely from scratch, done much better and with many new features. I didn't like the original so I wrote my own. For a more detailed background, read the Introduction in the Documentation.

IMPORTANT: It seems some of you reading this thread came to the conclusion that Placement Editor Professional can only be used with the AGK. This is not true. It can be used with any programming language that can draw 2D sprites and load external files. This includes DBPro.

I was originally going to name the program "Placement Editor Extreme", but the first time I typed the acronym I decided that name wasn't so good

There are several features that have been requested (eg. Magnetic Snap and Sprite Sheet support) that have been postponed at least until the next release. There were just so many things that needed adding and fixing that they were pushed forward. Sorry

It's worth noting here that the full source code is now included (What's that? No, don't thank me! Really? A 911 Turbo? Well, if you insist! ). If you make something with it (either using it or modding the source), I'd love to know

I don't have time to scan through the TGC forums all the time for threads asking for help on PEP. If you want me to reply to anything regarding PEP, post in this thread.

TGC, you are welcome (and, in fact, I encourage you) to include Placement Editor Professional in the official release of the AGK.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2303559
Also in the bottom-right corner of this post, the little red button.

Here's a summary of the most important changes since the last version (most of this stuff is explained in the Docs so don't worry if you don't understand anything here):

- Lots of little fixes and bug-squashings.
- It now asks you whether or not to delete the temp.temp temporary level file created when changing settings from inside PEP.
- You can now properly use floats in the Properties Window.
- All dialogs (including the Properties Window) now make use of the AGK's Editbox commands.
- Arrow-key sprite movement delay is now time-based.
- You can now right-click and drag to move the viewport around. This can be done anywhere on screen, even over buttons.
- There are now keyboard shortcuts for most actions: New=Ctrl+N, Load=Ctrl+L, Save=Ctrl+S, Paint=P, Properties=Tab, Grid=G, Snap=S, Borders=B, NewSpriteLock=N, UVLock=U, LockX=X, LockY=Y, AutoCopy=A, GridWidth=W, GridHeight=H, CentreScreen=C.
- You can now select unlocked sprites when they are underneath locked sprites.
- You can now create a text file with the same name as an image in the Sprites folder to set the default properties of all sprites created with that image.
- You can now press escape to deselect sprites.
- New, better HTML documentation and an HTML documentation generator that took me a whole day to write (source included).
- The Status Bar now informs you when there are no images in the Sprites folder.
- Lots more bug-squashing.

If you're really interested, I wrote a complete list of changes as I completed them. I actually love reading changelogs, because it often gives some insight into the developer's life and programming techniques. Anyway, here it is, hidden away in a code box so that those of you who are scared of changelogs need not be worried:

The improvements over TGC's Placement Editor are amazing, even if I do say so myself. I know you're interested, so here is a great long list of the current improvements over the original AppGameKit Placement Editor, the planned features, and the canceled features:

Noteable Improvements:

- Visually prettier interface (for example, selection boxes appear when the mouse is over buttons).
- Better sprite scroll bar. Now there's actually a draggable bar!
- Sprites no longer disappear at the top of the Sprite Panel (they slide smoothly out the top AND bottom of the screen).
- Keyboard shortcuts. Now pressing Delete with a sprite selected will delete it.
- Ctrl-Click on a sprite to instantly create an exact copy.
- Full-screen editing; editing area is no longer limited to a preset size.
- "New Sprite" movement locking option. When dragging a new sprite from the sprite area, this toggles whether or not the currently active locks affect the dragging.
- Better, more helpful documentation. Don't understand something? Look it up in the hyperlinked table of contents!
- Support for more then one level; now you can name your levels anything you want.
- Screen resolution-independent text and scroll bars; scroll bars move things at the same speed no matter what the screen resolution is.
- Scroll bars to move the view around, removing the need for the obstructive AppGameKit Virtual Joystick.
- More reliable; everything in Placement Editor Professional has been tested extensively during and after development.
- Status/help text automatically gets smaller if it's too big to fit in the screen.
- More flexible properties in the properties window. Now you can set the position, depth, size (but not scale) and adjust UV coords as well.
- Lockable movement/scaling. Only want to move a sprite sideways? Just lock the Y axis!
- Status/help text provides tips and help for most buttons and windows.
- Settings file. Just open a text file and set scroll speeds, default grid sizes and much more.
- Adjustable paint tool; you can set how many pixels the tool must be dragged before it paints another sprite, and, with SNAP on, how many "snaps".
- Unlockable sprite UVs. This makes background sprites much easier to create, as you just unlock the UVs then drag or scale the sprite.
- Option to make status/help text scroll back and forth rather then get smaller (on by default, as making it smaller can make it too blurry to read).
- New "Properties" field in the sprite properties window, so you can use the Name field purely for naming the sprite.
- Working Cancel buttons. Unlike TGC's original AppGameKit Placement Editor, Placement Editor Professional's cancel buttons actually cancel!
- Multimedia Fusion 2-style locking and unlocking: if a sprite is locked, it cannot be selected. To unlock it, hold Ctrl+Shift and click on it.
- Perfect sprite rotation. Sprites always point straight towards the mouse from where you clicked, and rotate around the centre of the sprite.
- Automatic paint-over prevention: the paint tool never paints over an identical sprite in an identical position (great for backgrounds).
- Secondary toolbar with more buttons - just click the down-arrow at the top of the screen.
- Easy multi-sprite sprite deletion. Just hold Delete and click on the sprites you want to remove.
- Automatic screen scrolling when painting (the same as dragging a sprite to the edge of the screen).
- Better visual grid - this new grid doesn't flicker and disappear when scrolling!
- Settings are written back to settings file on exit, so Placement Editor Professional remembers your grid sizes etc.
- Open-source and free even for commercial use (but not to sell it). Need an editor for your game? Just don't go saying you wrote the original
- Editor settings window - just click Properties with no sprite selected.
- Very good support for UV editing, both directly and interactively.
- Resettable settings file. Stuffed up a setting or want something back to the default? Just delete the settings file, or a specific line in it.
- Mouse dragging to allow the playfield to be dragged around using right mouse button, anywhere on the screen (even over buttons), at any time.
- "See-through" locking (so you can select sprites underneath a locked sprite - the locked sprite is completely ignored).
- Pre-defined sprite properties in text files; load and create sprites with preset properties, for much easier level creation.
- Keyboard shortcuts for most actions, such as S to toggle Snap and Ctrl+H to set the Grid Height.
- 3100+ lines of code, written just for you!

Planned Features (in no particular order):

- Textured Sprite Panel (so blue to light-blue sprites are easier to see).
- Rotation snapping (by degrees).
- Visual page-by-page level selection on saving and loading with preview images.
- Multiselect (selecting more then one sprite at a time for moving, deleting, etc.).
- View zooming (so you can zoom out to see lots at once).
- Visual "rotation snapping circle" (a circle surrounding the sprite with snapping points marked so you can see where the sprite will snap to when rotating).
- Save/Save As, so you don't have to type the level name every time you save.
- Autosaving at adjustable intervals - never lose a level ever again!
- Detailed tutorials, so you don't have guess at how to make full use of Placement Editor Professional.
- Magnetic Snap - sprites can optionally snap to each other based on how close they are together.
- Support for sprite sheets, whether that be a sheet of frames for an animated sprite or a sheet of multiple sprites.
- Sprites in the Sprite Panel that have Sprite Property Text Files are modified according to the text file so you can see what you're about to place.

Canceled Features:

- Automatic sprite flipping when resizing into negative sizes.
- Triggers (solid-colour sprites of various shapes that are exported but only loaded as checkable regions).
- Text creation and editing.

This time I have some screenshots for you. They were taken from version 1.1, but nothing has changed visually since then. Here they are:

If you find any bugs, please tell me and give an example of how to reproduce the bug(s).

I really enjoyed making this program and hope you enjoy using it Have fun breaking the source code (Why do I always say this? My code is so complicated and lacking in useful comments that I doubt anyone else could successfully make big changes without breaking it, that's why.)

Enjoy,
Clonkex

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 07:25
Sorry I clicken in hoping this was for DBPro but then was soon dissapointed... eitherway I like your banner...

And hope you enjoy your trip... do tell ^^

sparkart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 09:07 Edited at: 10th Jan 2012 09:09
Good job
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2012 01:58
sounds really cool. i'll check it out as soon as i get a chance. it's N.C.I.S. night

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 01:05 Edited at: 12th Jan 2012 01:07
Quote: "Sorry I clicken in hoping this was for DBPro but then was soon dissapointed..."

Placement Editor Professional is a 2D sprite placement editor. It can be used with any 2D programming language - and that includes DBPro.

If you were hoping for a 3D placement editor, you will have to wait. I intend to make Placement Editor Professional support 3D as soon as the AppGameKit goes 3D.

If you find any bugs with PEP, please tell me and give an example of how to reproduce the bug.

Quote: "And hope you enjoy your trip... do tell ^^"

Yes, I am enjoying my trip. I will be going to Blackhead Beach (near Taree, Australia) to swim in an hour or so. It was lovely yesterday

Quote: "Good job"
and
Quote: "sounds really cool. i'll check it out as soon as i get a chance."

Thanks!

Clonkex

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 02:03
Downloading now.

Will definatly give this a good test run. It sounds great, though.

Cheers

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Works great thanks!
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 04:40
Hey all,

I decided the best way to find the bugs and problems with a program that I've made is to use it, so I started making a game in the AppGameKit and immediately discovered plenty of little annoying bugs in PEP. The next release will fix these problems and possibly give you the visual grid.

Most of the bugs are in the painting system I used, but the next release will be very soon.

Clonkex

Rings
Years of Service
User Offline
awesome, good work !!
Feature Request:

- Add Physics in the Sprites Properties (for AppGameKit users)
0 = off, 1=static, 2=dynamic, 3=kinematic

- Allow to export as *.csv file

- Add snap-mode magnetic. Means if a other sprite is
near (up to 5-10 pixels), the new sprite is docked on that
nearest sprite.Thats a feature i miss a lot and it would
save a lot time while positioning background tiles
(especially with different and non Grid sizes) .

- Layer support, 5 Layers seems enough.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2012 02:06 Edited at: 20th Jan 2012 02:09
Quote: "awesome, good work !!"

Thanks!

Quote: "- Add Physics in the Sprites Properties (for AppGameKit users)
0 = off, 1=static, 2=dynamic, 3=kinematic"

Good idea. I will also need to add some fields for mass, etc.

Quote: "- Allow to export as *.csv file"

I have no idea what a .csv file is. Or...is it some kind of database file? I think I recognise it from when Multimedia Fusion 2 was my favourite game-making application.

Quote: "- Add snap-mode magnetic. Means if a other sprite is
near (up to 5-10 pixels), the new sprite is docked on that
nearest sprite.Thats a feature i miss a lot and it would
save a lot time while positioning background tiles
(especially with different and non Grid sizes) ."

Also a good idea. Will do.

Quote: "- Layer support, 5 Layers seems enough."

What? Layers? It already supports depth. What would layers do exactly?

Clonkex

MadBit
VIP Member
Gold Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 10:39
Quote: "I have no idea what a .csv file is. Or...is it some kind of database file? I think I recognise it from when Multimedia Fusion 2 was my favourite game-making application."

It is a simple text file their content present a comma (semicolon or what ever)separated table.

With Computers you can solve Problems that you have never befor.
Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality. (Tenzin Gyatso)
ManOfActionTM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 04:28
Sorry, where do I download this? I'd like to fool around with it!
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 07:04
Bottom-right corner of the first post, there's a bright red Download button. Click it.

I gather you don't use these forums too often, then?

Development is going a bit slow at the moment. I'm really busy. It will be finished one day, though!

Clonkex

ManOfActionTM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 08:25
First time to download something from the forum.

I see it now...thanks!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Very interesting tool.

However to be useful I think you should add exporting of data file in text/csv format so we can include the level details directly in code and avoid having a lot of external files, and the grid SNAP function.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2012 05:28
Quote: "I see it now...thanks!"

No problem

Quote: "I think you should add exporting of data file in text/csv format so we can include the level details directly in code and avoid having a lot of external files"

What? I really don't understand what you mean.

When you click Save, a window pops up and asks you for the level name to save as, and when you click OK, it saves it to a file. This file can have any extension and can be loaded directly into the AppGameKit using the loader that is included with PEP.

No matter what format you save the levels as, there will always be external files. Where else would they go? I can't make them hide inside the exe

Quote: "and the grid SNAP function"

The snap-to-grid functions are already available. The part that isn't is the visual grid. Sprites will still snap to the grid if you have snap on, even though the grid is not yet visible.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 18:19
It would be nice if there were some screenshots.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 03:42
Yes, I will get around to that one day. Hopefully tomorrow.

Clonkex

Rudders
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 14:50
Hi Clonkex

Thanks for the Editor Pro I am just now beginning to use. As I am using it to create buildings with many sprites (bricks, posts etc)
I am looking to set the properties of a sprite and then be able to Paint / Copy the sprite along with the original properties of 'Name' and 'Property'... This will prevent me currently having to enter these details for every single sprite I create!

Is this default sprite property planned for a future upgrade?

Do you know when your next version will be released.

Thansk for the brilliant work.

Rudders
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2012 10:28
Quote: "Thanks for the Editor Pro I am just now beginning to use. As I am using it to create buildings with many sprites (bricks, posts etc)"

Great!

Quote: "I am looking to set the properties of a sprite and then be able to Paint / Copy the sprite along with the original properties of 'Name' and 'Property'... This will prevent me currently having to enter these details for every single sprite I create!"

Yes, that had occurred to me. I've been working hard on it and I am getting very close to having the next update ready. There's just so many things I have to fix and add. And I fully intend to add that copy-the-last-properties-changed-to-newly-created-sprites thing.

Quote: "Is this default sprite property planned for a future upgrade?"

As soon as is jolly well possible. ASAP. I just need to add a few more things and fix a couple more important bugs and then you can have version 1.1!

Quote: "Thansk for the brilliant work."

No, thank you!

Clonkex

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 23:21
So close! I just went and downloaded a Creative Commons license so I'm nearly ready to release v1.1 with the source code included!

Just a few more documentation fixes and tiny adjustments!

Hoping to be finished by 5:00pm today

Clonkex

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2012 01:31 Edited at: 14th Mar 2012 01:32
Update!

I've released version 1.1. Read the first post for more information. Note that this version includes the entire source code for PEP and pretty much every bug I could find has been fixed.

@Rings:
Sorry, I wasn't able to get Magnetic Snap into this release. Once again, read the top post for more info.

@Rudders:
You now have that copy/paste sprite copy feature you wanted

Clonkex

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2012 08:57 Edited at: 16th Mar 2012 09:02
Well if you use xml you can export the file as a tmx file, tiled does this. I got off my editor to resurch html sending data with ago to web site.,
I think I wait tell next update

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps.
Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase.
Veterian for the military.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2012 00:16 Edited at: 18th Apr 2013 17:23
Quote: "Well if you use xml you can export the file as a tmx file, tiled does this. I got off my editor to resurch html sending data with ago to web site.,
I think I wait tell next update"

Sorry, but I don't understand a word of that

EDIT: More than a year later, I finally understand And my answer is: No. If you want it in XML TMX format, you'll have to convert it. Sorry. Well maybe one day it will support that, but not any time soon.

Clonkex

GasiusGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, this really is going to help a lot.
Crystal Noir
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2012 15:52
Hello,

Thank you for your work. I just have a problem with the source code...

I would like to be able to switch between fullscreen or not fullscreen. So, I open the source code.

I didn't modify anything on it, but when I click "compile", the AppGameKit compiler crash...I'm not be able to compile this project.

AGK work pretty well with other projects, like samples. I don't understand why it doesn't want to compile your source.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2012 07:17
Which version of the AppGameKit are you using? I last compiled with build 106. Otherwise I have no idea.

Clonkex

Crystal Noir
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2012 10:37
The last version of AGK. Could you make the fullscreen an option in your app please ? (I can't compile it so...)

That will be very cool.

Thx
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2012 10:27
Well - no, I don't believe it's possible with the current version of the AGK. I'll research it, but I'm pretty sure last time I looked I couldn't work out how to do it. Otherwise, PEP would already have a fullscreen/windowed option.

Anyway I will try to add that feature.

Clonkex

StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2012 05:27
Hello,

I have a Major Idea for this app!... I think we need to add the physics stuff to it.. Like, Setting up the physics bodies, using the different allowable shapes such as capsules, spheres, boxes etc.. and for adding like different reactions for different objects.. Like possibly add features for each object like reverse gravity, bounce, or no bounce, reverse angle, or set an object to ignore physics like a non-physics enabled object, non-moving, or could be useful for making one object from multi-objects and setting them to break apart, on contact, or so many hits to break or do something else, a hit points property, points property, which sides the object is solid on, either all, or 1,2, or 3 of the sides if square collision detection.. Triggers, timer objects, or objects that just spawn other objects on contact or after time.. Path objects.. Just thinking of a way to turn this combined with AppGameKit into a full-blown physics monster of a game creation level / or game editor.. I know someone else mentioned another Physics editor on the forums, it looks useful, but it is a pay-2-play app, meaning you can get limited useability out of it, for a while then have to pay for it.. It is good for setting up the physics bodies from various shapes, to get nice ragdoll setups etc.. and for complex shapes to more closely match their shapes, but I think this app, combined with AppGameKit and a few additions could be all that is needed. Cheers, and thanks for releasing the sourcecode with it , I may take a look at adding some of these things if noone else gets around to it... I am just really busy modeling my characters for the current game in the works..

Ciao' 4 now,

StOrM3

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
[PKE] Of All The Things I've Lost..[PKE]
[PKE] I Miss My Mind The Most! [PKE]
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 09:56 Edited at: 27th Mar 2012 09:57
Hi,

I know what you mean, but I don't want to add that sort of thing to Placement Editor Professional. It's not a game maker but a sprite placement tool. HOWEVER, I am planning a new app, using the code from PEP, that will be a complete visual game creation tool, similar to Multimedia Fusion 2 and Game Maker 8. It will take some considerable time to even get the first version out, so don't expect it to be released any time soon. But it will include complete Box2D physics (AGK's built-in physics) and - well, every feature I can think of. I have nearly finished the planning stage, so I will start work soon.

Clonkex

Kobaltic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 05:40
Is there a way to use a sprite sheet with the editor?
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 10:55
Hmmm... no, not currently... I hadn't thought of sprite sheets... But no problem! I just thought of a really easy way to implement them. I have several projects going at the moment which I can't cancel (making a game, helping Irradic with some animations for a Japanese samurai game he's making, etc.), so it may be a couple of weeks before I get the next update out.

Thanks for pointing that out
Clonkex

blueFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 21:20
If you put in some kind of update system where the program checks for new versions of itself and gives the user the option to update the program from inside the program that would be good. This would make it so we do not have to keep checking the forum thread for new updates.

Jason
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 05:59
Yes, but that would require an online server, which is something I can't do. It would also require the AppGameKit to have commands to do this.

Clonkex

blueFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 04:16
Perhaps until AppGameKit develops the commands to do this you could start an email list that would be used to update users when a new version is available.

Jason
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 10:45
1) What's an email list?
2) How would I start an email list?

Clonkex

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 11:10
@Clonkex - your name is ever so fitting

email lists are basically CSV CDV files [Excell] which have a single column with just emails in them, you can use some web tools or create one on your own website if you have one...

you then use the email list to MASS email users with updates, or place your website facebook page or blog link on all your products so people know where to look for updates... sorry long night and this is a looooong detail area to debate...

hope that helped somewhat...

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 14:45
Quote: "@Clonkex - your name is ever so fitting"

...I don't understand... I got the name Clonkex when I needed a nickname for a pretty awesome game called Clonk. I was only about 12, so the most creative name I could come up with was Clonkex. It's been my nickname everywhere ever since.

I have enough work on my hands at the moment without trying to set up websites and mass emailing. I have to animate some Samurai for Irradic, help mum and dad with getting our house to sell (we're moving), maintain and improve Placement Editor Professional, and do my schoolwork (but I'm homeschooled so it only takes about 3-4 hours to complete). Plus I have everyday around-the-house jobs.

However, it just occurred to me that all you have to do is reply here and tick the Mailback checkbox and you'll be notified of any new posts on this thread. I always create a new post when I update PEP so all you have to do is do a quick scan through the new emails in your inbox and see if the first word in the email is "UPDATE!".

Clonkex

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 19:44
haha, not to worry buddy, I check EVERY new forum thread since over two months now, So you can call it scanning the radio waves

I am watching irradics work so I look forward to seeing the Samurai you come up with

Keep up wht good work, and I think he was referring to having your own internal collection but I see no reason not to use this forum for your own followers

blueFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 02:35
Quote: "However, it just occurred to me that all you have to do is reply here and tick the Mailback checkbox and you'll be notified of any new posts on this thread. I always create a new post when I update PEP so all you have to do is do a quick scan through the new emails in your inbox and see if the first word in the email is "UPDATE!"."

That is a good idea.

Jason
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 07:43
I will be updating PEP with the new commands available in AppGameKit V107 within the next two weeks (hopefully). I am very busy at the moment with other things but I'll try to find some time for PEP

Clonkex

GasiusGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Cant wait for the new version, thanks a stack
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 11:22
I'm REALLY busy right now - so much schoolwork - so it might be a while before I get a new version out, but I promise I'll start tonight I just had a look at the planned features again and remembered some of the cool stuff I want to do with this program

Clonkex

tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 18:13
Now this is very useful .

-Tokyomage

Did you know that water is wet? - "The more you know"
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 04:23
Thanks

Clonkex

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 12:15
New signature pic! Check it out!

I finally got around to making a picture that advertises something that I'm actually still working on and that's actually useful

Clonkex

StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 17:01
Nice Clonkex... I love the Physics stuff in it as well now... I am working on porting 2 of my games over to Android and HTML5, so I may give PEP a go, when also doing the AppGameKit versions... My first test versions will be done with GM Studio Android plugins, as that is what my original games were done in... But I should also be able to do speed / concept tests in AppGameKit, so I can decide which to use for final versions.. Thanks again for all your hard work, Apreesh!

StOrM3

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
[PKE] Of All The Things I've Lost..[PKE]
[PKE] I Miss My Mind The Most! [PKE]
Kobaltic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 07:01
Wondering if you ever got the sprite sheet capability added in.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 05:51
Hey all,

I'm kind of embarrassed at my lack of work on this project. I have no excuse for not continuing development except laziness. I'll get back on it ASAP (ie as soon as I finish my school today )

@Kobaltic:
I don't remember ever saying I was going to add sprite sheet support...oh wait, maybe I did. Either way I'll do that today

Clonkex

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:57:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:57:24