Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Errors when I try to setup Dark GDK in both VC++ 2008 and 2010

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi people,
I am currently having difficulty with setting up Dark GDK for VC++ 2010. I downloaded N3wton's libraries (HERE)and followed his video on youtube (HERE)

however, I am bombared with error messages.
I installed DirectX SDKs August 2007 and June 2010. I followed all instructions properly and used the auto installer on his thread. Whenever I try to use the examples with VC++ 2008, after adding the directx and darkgdk includes, also shown in a video on youtube, i get this error:
1>c:\program files (x86)\the game creators\dark gdk\include\darksdkcamera.h(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory

and on 2010 when running an example, I get this error:
1>cl : Command line error D8016: '/ZI' and '/O2' command-line options are incompatible

what is going on? I did everything according to the videos and it still does not work.

Ghillie Suits on the run!
A Walking Tree
Years of Service
User Offline
bump

surely someone knows how to fix these errors. it's been 4 days!

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2012 19:06
Quote: "c:\program files (x86)\the game creators\dark gdk\include\darksdkcamera.h(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory"

This one should be straight forward, when you set up the compiler to find directx are you sure you have done it correct? I presume this error appears a number of times,not just for darksdkcamera.h?

I had a little trouble with Newtons tutorial, had to do something a little different but I can't remember what it was as it was a while ago.

There is also official 2010 GDK libs now, have you tried them?

A Walking Tree
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quote: "c:\program files (x86)\the game creators\dark gdk\include\darksdkcamera.h(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory"

This one should be straight forward, when you set up the compiler to find directx are you sure you have done it correct? I presume this error appears a number of times,not just for darksdkcamera.h?

I had a little trouble with Newtons tutorial, had to do something a little different but I can't remember what it was as it was a while ago.

There is also official 2010 GDK libs now, have you tried them?"

I will try this. Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:47:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:47:30