Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Player Service - Need Test Subject

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2012 13:49
Hi Guys,

We now ready to trial our AppGameKit Player Service which allows you to get the actual AppGameKit Player on your iOS devices without owning a Mac. Just to make sure the documentation and service works smoothly, I need a volunteer.

The suitable applicant will be ready to buy an Apple Developer Program account (costing $99) and TGC will waive the normal $25 fee for performing the service while we iron out and refine the guidelines.

Generally, the process goes like this:

1. You buy the service from TGC $25 (waived for this trial)
2. You also buy an Apple Dev Account $99 (lasts one year)
3. We send you a certificate request file
4. You use this file to create a certificate and provision
5. You send us these files
6. We use our Mini-Mac to create a build of AppGameKit Player
7. We email the IPA file back to you
8. You can install the AppGameKit Player to all your test devices

The good news is that this approach stays within the strict rules of Apple as we never ask for your account access details and we don't abuse the device allocation system. It is your Apple account and when you are ready, you already have what you need to self-publish into the App Store.

If you are interested, email me directly at lee@thegamecreators.com and I will start the process with the lucky candidate and let you all know on this thread how it goes.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Just like to recommend this service to everyone.

Its working

I had no problems following the steps in the (detailed) instructions.

And i now have the AppGameKit Player on all my apple devices.

Super ( and quick ) service , thanks!

best regards Preben Eriksen,
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 20th Jan 2012 10:14
That was quick...

Why are these RSS posts so slow?

anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 03:33
I helped them with the documentation! I'm glad to see it worked well for you Preban

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 00:00
Thanks to those who emailed. I have all my test subjects now and the process so far has been quite successful. Looks like we'll have no problems at all putting the super fast AppGameKit Player on your iPhones and iPads, even if you don't have a Mac. It does mean finding $99 for Apple and $25 for the poor soul who we're hiring to build you your very own AppGameKit Player, but I think you'll find it's worth it when you see your apps running at near native speeds across your iOS continuum. And remember, as a self-publisher, that $99 to Apple buys you the ability to publish your app to the app store when you are ready. We have not explored a service to provide that for you, but when the time comes let us know and we will look into it. Our mission is to make the development and deployment process as smooth as possible. Look out in the newsletter and tweets for the term 'AGK Player Service', coming soon!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 11:16
This is good news, cheaper than buying a Mac!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You would need to pay the $99 anyways if you are making an iOS app, so the cost is only $25.

Very much worth all the hassle and trouble, I can assure you of that!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 13:55:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 13:55:03