Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS Deployment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2012 11:37
So, I can successfully deploy my application to my iPhone. However, it still shows the AppGameKit splash on it, like the one you see when the AppGameKit Player or AppGameKit Viewer runs.

Right now, starting my app goes starts up as:

iOS home -> Silver screen with AppGameKit text -> AGKsplash.png -> Gameplay

When I always figured it should start up as:

iOS home -> AGKsplash.png -> Gameplay

Does anyone have any insight to it? Looking in the interpreter files, I notice these files:

icon.png
icon-72.png
Default.png
Default-Portrait.png

"icon.png" and "icon-72.png" files are obviously app icon files for displaying on the iOS home screen. Can I edit/delete/replace the "default.png" and "Default-portrait.png" files?

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes you have to replace the icon files with your own.

The 2 Default PNGs are the Splash screens. They are set to an AppGameKit graphic. You can replace these with your own splash screen.
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2012 18:55
So... what's the point of AGKsplash.png? So I can have two splash screens when my application comes up? Was one designed to be the name of your company and the other the title screen of your app...?

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
AGKsplash.png most probably is there so that you can put a splash screen on Windows

on iOS you can just delete the file or not include it in your build, unless you want 2 splash screens

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:37:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:37:02