Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Help me make my perfect game, :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all.

Im making a huge game, which i want to be perfect so id like to know a few things.
Id like to make my protagonist say some one-liners like Duke Nukem(hail to the king,baby)
Second thing: More smooth movement, id like the player to be able to go through doors and things without bumping around and i dont like the way the guy hits hes head on the roof. And maybe some way to make him to climb over small obstacles, automatically perhaps? prone would be nice.
third thing, im thinking of a huge scene which would include terrorists shooting at civilians. how do i make that happen???

+How do i get ladders?
+People talking to the player like in half life 2 and keeping eyes at the player.
+Custom mission objective and such text's on the screen
+Chapter select in menu, with a extra survival mode
+custom hand animations for Easter eggs and such.
+Mounted guns err like deployable ya know?
+bad guys talking to each other

How long are the time things in the spawn times and so, im not sure are they seconds?? im too lazy to count.

I saw some youtube video of drivable vehicles, gimme som!!

Btw, my fps creator is messed up at the time but im working on it so take your time if you need it to answer. And i KNOW this all cant be done in fps creator, soo mods anyone?? anyone????

If you know answer to any of these things please answer clearly and step by step instructions to everything, im dumb .
Another thing, no download sites where i need to make profiles, at least i want to know if i dont need to pay or do stupid stuff, choose fake iphones you know.

Thanks mates, im waiting

supajjjjj
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2012 23:32
First team requests arnt allowed so this will be locked. Also use the search button there is alot of ladder scripts and stuff but alot of what you mentioned would be really hard to achieve. If you want to create a amazing game and everything I recomend to use something else like Unity 3d. Good luck

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 03:24
Quote: "More smooth movement, id like the player to be able to go through doors and things without bumping around and i dont like the way the guy hits hes head on the roof. And maybe some way to make him to climb over small obstacles, automatically perhaps? prone would be nice. "

This would require the whole engine movement to be rewritten, which would either take a good chunk of your development time, or a very, very hefty payment on your part.

Quote: "Id like to make my protagonist say some one-liners like Duke Nukem(hail to the king,baby)"

Easy, just script it to.

Quote: "third thing, im thinking of a huge scene which would include terrorists shooting at civilians. how do i make that happen???"

Set the factions.

Quote: "+How do i get ladders?"

I don't think that's possible.

Quote: "+People talking to the player like in half life 2 and keeping eyes at the player."

Can't happen. You can have VO, but no lip-sync or eyes kept on the player.

Quote: "+Custom mission objective and such text's on the screen "

Possible with simple scripting.

Quote: "+Chapter select in menu, with a extra survival mode"

Look around the FPSC Chat board for game launchers.

Quote: "+custom hand animations for Easter eggs and such."

You'll need to animate it yourself, and include extra scripting commands and such to make it work (though this might not be possible with x10).

Quote: "+Mounted guns err like deployable ya know?"

There was a mounted MG in the FPSC Chat or Media board at one point, but I think it required Project Blue, which isn't for FPSC x10.

Quote: "+bad guys talking to each other"

All you need there is some voice actors and a sound zone.

Quote: "How long are the time things in the spawn times and so, im not sure are they seconds?? im too lazy to count."

Milliseconds.

Quote: "I saw some youtube video of drivable vehicles, gimme som!! "

I don't think that's possible in x10.

Quote: "Another thing, no download sites where i need to make profiles, at least i want to know if i dont need to pay or do stupid stuff, choose fake iphones you know."

Mediafire.com is always a good option.

Cheesehead for life.
SupaJ
Years of Service
User Offline
How do i script?

supajjjjj
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 21:50
You can use notepad... Study the scripting of X10 then try scripting simple stuff to do it in notepad all you have to do is

file\save as then select all files then type in this scriptname.fpi or .fpe and then the script can be used in fpsc

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
SupaJ
Years of Service
User Offline
I still cant script, could someone tell me just parts of the script does so i could get started.

supajjjjj
SupaJ
Years of Service
User Offline
siis niiku mitä mikäki kohta tekee ya know?

supajjjjj
firelord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 18:59 Edited at: 19th Jan 2012 19:00
you really need to start small...a demo with 1 or 2 levels...at the moment what i can see is your skill set is not great..learn the basics of scripting and level design...then if your a one man team learn basic modelling and texturing both segments and models to create unique levels and models..try out your ideas in those 1 or 2 levels..it takes real dedication and game design skills to make a complete game..for example there are only a few complete games not demos been made that is probably what your looking to achieve and they have been made by people who have been working with fpsc for a long time...so pace yourself learn the basics then work on your big project..
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
agreed supaj, learn the basic engine bits, play with the basics given, then learn how to make segments entitys, etc etc. if you aint patient this aint for you. im still learning heaps, i rota my learning, one week i will make textures the next a script, huds, meshes, etc. i was just as impatient, but i learnt to chill with it. and so glad i did. so take your time disect the scripts already there, make a copy of the original scripts look at them in notebook, and suss them out. it takes ages and a good brain ache, but there is nothing better than achieving your aim.

dont give up

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
SupaJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Imo get in that scripting, but theres still my few other problems. Green and red light (how to disable, i didnt put em` there) And i finally downloaded tons and tons of free stuff(non-commercial)that spawned two problems: dude, wheres ma walls at? Can run into them but not see. and how to manually install extra guns, because i did as the readme said but theres just emptyness... Im trying to solve these but post anything u know and i`ll be grateful.

supajjjjj
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2012 17:59 Edited at: 20th Jan 2012 18:03
ok basics.

one.
make sure you understand the entitys fpe file, open it and make sure that the files are in the correct location.....

typical fpe
;header
desc = the title of what the entity is

;ai ( as it says the next 3 lines are artificial intelligence script locators, they will find the specific script you assign.)
aiinit = appear1.fpi (this is the appear script)
aimain = default.fpi ( what the entity does)
aidestroy = disappear1.fpi ( how it dies)

;spawn ( this is for spawning as in restarting characters in the same place)
spawnmax = 0
spawndelay = 0
spawnqty = 0

;orientation

model = the terminator.x ( this will load model in the same file if another file must note it)
offx = 0
offy = 0
offz = 0
rotx = 0
roty = 0
rotz = 0
scale = 100
fixnewy = 0
defaultstatic = 1
materialindex = 3
collisionmode = 0
strength = 0
isimmobile = 1
soundset =
soundset1 =

;visualinfo

textured = the terminator_d2.dds (x10 is in dds format )
effect = (if not have normal and spec copies of texture will not work)
castshadow = 0

;Animationinfo
animmax = 0
anim0 = 0,0

this is a typical entity file andexplanations.
invis file means
a) not got the texture in correct location
b) in a different format as in tga jpeg etc has to be in dds

ok if you already know all this then just keep disecting each part, an engineer must know of all parts of what he his creating or it will not work or very well

hope this helps

SupaJ
Years of Service
User Offline
This is getting weird: i was taking a look at science boys post on another computer next to the other and trying the re installed sewer pack (problem with walls) i made a hole in basic ground and ladders down from there to a simple sewer system just to try it out, game started and i walked down, then i was like aaawww!! those things aint here!!! Then i saw a tiny little red spot in where the sewer straight segment should have started (the sewer room segment were visible and ladders worked thought i didn't see them) so to the most weirdest thing: i walked to the red spot and everything behind me disappeared and the sewer straight appeared around me. i was like and i noticed the rest appeared around me like that too. Imagine that. Also i didnt see any red or green light anywhere. So im now gonna go back to my other computer to try my scripting skills, you guys can wonder whats going on while i do that, cheers mates you`re been great help so far so keep it up

supajjjjj
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
i had an issue where i had mad segments and it turned out i had random un filed and unfinished decals in my gamecore, this took 4 months for me to suss out what was wrong, so i suggest go through all your files and make sure you find the culprit, and anything with a red dot in your media?

bigheart
Years of Service
User Offline
game creator x10 is really great i have alote of fun with it
my thing is how to us mmorp and voice can othere play pick there av?[center]

got game lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:14:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:14:41