Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Tutorials etc? (new)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi! I've just started working with DarkGDK the past couple of days and I really like it so far. Now that I've played around with it for a bit I'd like to know if there are any major tutorial series for this "add-on(?)" or how to say it so that I could learn some more. It would be best if these tutorials are general and explain the whole part of the DarkGDK programming but it would also be really cool to find some 2d/3d fps tutorials.

Regards
vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
well.. Some people say that the ones that came with dark gdk are pretty good.. But i dont think that way so ..
Here you have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prQ2RfnrP_8

C++ Medium 3.5/5
www.oryzhon.com <-- My company's website (W.I.P)
the_raz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi! I\'ve just started working with DarkGDK the past couple of days and I really like it so far. Now that I\'ve played around with it for a bit I\'d like to know if there are any major tutorial series for this \"add-on(?)\" or how to say it so that I could learn some more. It would be best if these tutorials are general and explain the whole part of the DarkGDK programming but it would also be really cool to find some 2d/3d fps tutorials.

Regards
the_raz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply, I've actually followed his tutorial series (it's a bit short I'm afraid though) and I've done the pong game and played around a bit with the things he taught, but would like to learn something more advanced now that I've (kinda) got the hang of these parts that he taught. He was a great tutor though and I recommend him strongly! Maybe I'm behind and DarkGDK might not be the 'platform' or choosing for creating games? (Take into account that I'm very novice when it comes to this). Are there better platforms suitable for starting out or is this the best one?
vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
Well.. for personal experience.. when i started using DGDK 2 years ago.. i was excited and all, but now i see that i should have learn something harder like OpenGL or DirectX because now im going there and all i cant imagine is dbMoveSprite and that things they ivented to make your life easier...

DarkGDK is good if you are in little projects..

Just my opinion..

But hey, give it a try and use DarkGDK for a couple of projects or so.. simple things, then you will see if you want to advance or not..

About advanced tutorials, i searched too but i cant find any..

C++ Medium 3.5/5
www.oryzhon.com <-- My company's website (W.I.P)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:36:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:36:52