Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / The best 3d character with animation and world creation tool.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 15:56 Edited at: 15th Jan 2012 16:13
EDIT:
oops.. sorry bout the topic title..
but still i can choose which tool suits me if you have worked with particular tool and enjoyed it.. coz if the tool is good, i dont mind buying it..

PS: change the topic title to 'How to Get started with animations on a previously created 3d character'.

Hello TGC World,
I'm on my way in 3d game making.

My configs are:
AMD quad processor: A6-3400M with 500MB graphics
4GB RAM
1GB Dedicated AMD graphics.
This should run just about any graphic designing application with ease.

i have darkAI and Enhanced animation add-on package..

As a beginner i was wondering whether one could run those both with darkbasic pro?? And also looking for a guide where to add darkAI to the characters created in those 3d designing tool.

How long does it take to design a character along with animation[in days]?

Are the animations a separate part of character designing? or are they done together?

Is the video tutorials by lynda.com,etc valid for DBPro engine?

I'm eager to learn more from you guys.
Thanks.

EDIT:
oops.. sorry bout the topic title..
but still i can choose which tool suits me if you have worked with particular tool and enjoyed it.. coz if the tool is good, i dont mind buying it..

PS: change the topic title to 'How to Get started with animations on a previously created 3d character'.

Judgment Day Can Wait !!
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 04:00
Quote: "As a beginner i was wondering whether one could run those both with darkbasic pro??"

yes.

Quote: "How long does it take to design a character along with animation[in days]?"

There is really no simple answer to this. It could be a day, a week or a month reasonably, possibly more.

it depends on the skill and familiarity with modeling/texturing/animation, how much time a day will be spent working on it, the kind of character, it's complexity and detail, what it will be used for, does it have equipment/accessories are they removable/changeable? is it strictly low poly, will detail be baked down from a high poly, what shader maps will it need, how many different animations will it need, how complex are they, and so on and so on...

Quote: "Are the animations a separate part of character designing? or are they done together?"

Some thought and planning should go into the model design to ready it for rigging and animation later. Anywhere the model will need to bend, elbows/knees for example, should get additional loops to support the animation. You don't have to plan out every animation from the start, just what parts of the model should be able to animate more or less.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 05:39
I am keen to know more about EAnim... how is it to use?

MONSTER MARK
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "...just what parts of the model should be able to animate more or less.
"

its like.. i have to make 1 joint between two planes in order to get a rotation in case of an arm..?

Designing is a very vast field and will take months for me to master then.

nyways.. thanks ortu

Quote: " I am keen to know more about EAnim... how is it to use?
"

its like a predefined set of actions like running, walking, idle.. animation that can be applied to your characters in the scene.
However i've not started with it yet.

Judgment Day Can Wait !!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 17:35
Ook... cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:45:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:45:39