Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS User Music Playback Issues (PlayMusic)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 08:16
I posted an issue here:
http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/detail?id=225

Long story short, if my user is playing music, I do not want my application to butt in and start playing it's [crappy] music. PlayMusic should include a parameter specifying that the call can be ignored if the user's music is playing.

Another issue posted here:
http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/detail?id=226
If a user starts playing their music while using the application, sound effects stop playing, even if my own app music starts playing up again.

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 09:59
PlayMusic should not have a parameter for this. Rather there should be a command to check if there is already music playing. But the easy way around is to allow the user to switch of the music in your app.

anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2012 10:12 Edited at: 17th Jan 2012 10:19
Quote: "PlayMusic should not have a parameter for this. Rather there should be a command to check if there is already music playing."

True, either or. As long as the functionality gets included into the AppGameKit, it doesn't matter to me.

Quote: "But the easy way around is to allow the user to switch of the music in your app.
"

I disagree. Although, I have this functionality included already (a option menu with this on it) I think it is obnoxious to make the user actively select this option for it to work.

People expect this to happen with their apps. I've expected this to happen with all my apps since I got an iPhone in 2009, and AppGameKit is one of few apps to have broken this rule. (The other apps that break this rule I have a high disregard for too)

EDIT: This still doesn't solve the problem that sound effects don't play at all if the user starts playing their own music during gameplay.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes there should be a command to check if there is already music playing, and then the programmer can do whatever he seems right, for his app
Greg_C
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this something that we HAVE to wait on from the developers or is it possible to write this in on our own?
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2012 06:41
We have to wait for the developers to fix it. Until then, I'm setting my music to not be played as program default

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:49:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:49:53