Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Copyrights

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If I make a game in DarkGDK and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, what do I need to do to be able to sell it? If for example I want to sell it on Desura (similar to Steam).

vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to buy the Commercial license on TGC forum.
Then you can sell all the games you want.. Full profit just for you

C++ Medium 3.5/5
www.oryzhon.com <-- My company's website (W.I.P)
Wizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Buy a license on a forum?

vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
No, here: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2128&page=upgrade

C++ Medium 3.5/5
vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
I saw your game, it looks addictive

If you can or something, i recommend you create it for Android I think it will be a huge success.. and im sure i will download it

C++ Medium 3.5/5
Wizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! Thanks for the compliment. I was planing on making it for android later. This is the first comment I got on my game.
I'll need to have a huge think about this. I can't believe I haven't thought about licensing before. If I write the frist version with DarkGDK for windows, how hard will it be to transfer it to android? I'll probably have to rewrite the whole thing right? Does anyone have more experience with this? I will be thought how to make an android game at my university next year, so I'm waiting for that.
Thanks again for the nice words, this is surely going to make me work harder on my project.

vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an android and i know that the applications / games are created with java.. so... its not the same as darkgdk..

But actually.. your game.. is very cool, its simple but very addictive by the look

Good luck

Question: How long did it took to make it?

C++ Medium 3.5/5
Wizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh it's not done yet. It's hard to say, because I study and only have time to work on the game for a few hours during the weekend. I've been making it since october 2011. Sadly I don't have alot of time and education comes first, so this game will not get released any time soon. But I'll definitely release it. I was hoping to sell it for a dollar on sites like Desura and TGC. We'll see.

JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe that TGC's AppGameKit product supports android. Check out that forum and see.

As for release licenses, you should check more closely into VC-Express too. I know that it's free to use, but it may require an updated license too, once you go commercial. I'm not sure though...

JTK
vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
well.. i could release a beta, like the time you made the gameplay.. it seems good for a beta..

C++ Medium 3.5/5
Wizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm. Perhaps I will go for it and then re-write the whole thing for android. Now if only I could find info on release licensing for Visual Studio. I'm bad at finding stuff.

@vitinho444 I didn't quite understand what you were trying to say.

vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
I miss-spoken

Its not "i" its "you" xDD

You should release a beta as it is on the gameplay, so you can get some feedback before the final release and fix some bugs/errors or add suggestions from the public to make it more fun to play.
Just a opinion.

I think you dont need to pay anything to Microsoft for using visual studio or something...

You just need to buy the commercial license of darkgdk and begin selling your game.

C++ Medium 3.5/5
Wizz
Years of Service
User Offline
I would really like to be certain. Cause If I have to pay Microsoft, it probably won't be as affordable as DarkGDK. I can't find the info anywhere. I've read the EULA but I don't understand because English is not my native language and it's all written in fancy lawyer talk. Can somebody confirm to me that you can sell a Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2008 Edition project for free? That would be great.

Vitinho444, at first I will implement all of the gameplay features, and then, yes, I guess it would be good idea to spread around the naked gameplay for people to comment on it. Ofcourse what you are seeing in the pictures and videos is an unfinished game with placeholder (programmer) art. There will be alot of changes to it. Thank you for your support and comments.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 18:35
Maybe if we asked really really nicely, TGC might release the libs for something like the Code::Blocks compiler...

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
Wizz... i really think you don't need to pay for using Visual c++ 2008... that's stupid..
If you have any doubts i think buying the professional edition the problems are solved.. but dont do it! Just sell your game.. if someone tells you something just ask where it's written..

C++ Medium 3.5/5
zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2012 22:40
WLGFx isn't DGDK open source now? Maybe someone can start a community port for C::B!
FlexiCat
Years of Service
User Offline
On the android front, i can offer some info there.

On android yes alot of things are done in java but you can also use what is called NativeC i beleive, although i have not had any experience with it, it does seem to be the way to go if you want good 3d android games.

However if, like me, your wanting to make a 2d android game then i have a decent solution. PGS4A That is Pygame Subset For Android, it is android port of Python 2.7.1 and pygame (pythons SDL wrapper) and i have been using it for awhile now and it is quite good.

It may be a bit hard if you don't know python but if you do, it is very fast to program in and just as just to debug and anything that works in PGS4A can instantly and without any code changes work on pc... if only for even faster testing.

But if you do need 3d or dont want to learn python, give NativeC a look because i think it has what you want.

I swear to the programmers bible that I shall not harm the FPS.
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2012 14:02
I may have another nosey through the google code to see what is actually there. From what I can tell though the libs are the only things the source code isn't available for. It would be handy to be able to have access to the libs source to compile them for CB.

From what I've seen, most of these mobile phone app creation kist are too slow for my liking. I do prefer raw speed when using a compiler.

I'm unsure too about the licensing for MSVC and although I've used CB, I've got to say this about MSVC, it's intellisense and code definition windows are a great addition and CB don't have them. CB though is a great IDE and I'd use it if the licensing over MSVC for a completed project is required. Defintitely I'd convert all the projects source over to CB.

After a good browse through these forums then I'll see what I can dig out...

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2012 15:14
Quote: "I would really like to be certain. Cause If I have to pay Microsoft, it probably won't be as affordable as DarkGDK"

you don't have to pay anything

Quote: "WLGFx isn't DGDK open source now?"

yes, it is

Quote: "I may have another nosey through the google code to see what is actually there. From what I can tell though the libs are the only things the source code isn't available for"

if you are talking about DarkGDK the whole thing is open source

Wizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I've also asked on the Visual C++ 2008 Express specific forum and 2 people confirmed that no payment is required. (but you need to register the product, which is free of charge). So for anyone also interested: >it's free!<

vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course it is

I was tolding you that.. but you wont listen

C++ Medium 3.5/5

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:16:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:16:28