Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem Linking with darkgdk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 05:44
i am not sure what happend or what i did, but i am currently getting all these errors when i try to compile any of my projects :

1>Compiling...
1>Main.cpp
1>Linking...
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_TCPIP referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::SetNetConnections(int)" (?SetNetConnections@CNetwork@@QAEHH@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_IPX referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::SetNetConnections(int)" (?SetNetConnections@CNetwork@@QAEHH@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectPlay referenced in function "private: static int __stdcall CNetwork::StaticGetConnection(struct _GUID const *,void *,unsigned long,struct DPNAME const *,unsigned long,void *)" (?StaticGetConnection@CNetwork@@CGHPBU_GUID@@PAXKPBUDPNAME@@K1@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectPlay4A referenced in function "private: static int __stdcall CNetwork::StaticGetConnection(struct _GUID const *,void *,unsigned long,struct DPNAME const *,unsigned long,void *)" (?StaticGetConnection@CNetwork@@CGHPBU_GUID@@PAXKPBUDPNAME@@K1@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_ComPort referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_SERIAL referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_Phone referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_MODEM referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_INet referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_ServiceProvider referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)

1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectPlayLobby2A referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)

1>Debug\Dark GDK - 2D Game1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Arkii\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Dark GDK - 2D Game1\Dark GDK - 2D Game1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

1>Dark GDK - 2D Game1 - 12 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have tryed to fix this, so i un-installed everything darkgdk includeing visualc++ and i re-installed it and i still get the errors. I have made some new projects and still it doesn't work. please help. this happends on every project and even new ones, what did i do wrong?

Heres Johnny
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 13:42
Common problem this one, I think it is because you may be linking to a more recent version of DirectX. Be sure you have the August 2007 version and link to that.

JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 17:25
ok, thank you for tha, is there anyway someone can explain how i can set things up to use the correct version? i think ive done it b4, i just can't remember

tia

Heres Johnny
JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 17:37
ok, it is reading the direct x june 2010. I have seen this but i can't figure out how to tell it to just the aug 2007 version, whcih i also have. I have tried to uninstall the june 2010 version, but to no avail.

All help is apprciated

Heres Johnny
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 20:06 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 20:07
If you are using VS2008.
Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories

On the 'Show Directories for' panel, change the include and library files to the August 2007 equivalents.

Just to note, you can get it working with June 2010 with a little work, if you do a search on this forum you should find some information. Although if you are new to the VS compiler then I would keep it simple and use the 2007 DirectX.

JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 08:22
thank u Matty H, this worked.

Heres Johnny

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:51:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:51:09