Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / LuaBind and DarkGDK issue. Please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been working very hard to get LuaBind to work with DarkGDK
I noticed LuaBind is console and DarkGDK is windowed. I have had many errors and here is my attempt that I made.

I have all the libraries defined correctly and recieve this error

Can someone please help me I have been trying for days and this is the closest I have gotten.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks like you aren't linking something. Have you tried just using straight lua without a wrapper, I found it to be just as easy and doesn't involve some of these hassles.
Justin7674
Years of Service
User Offline
I have everything linked as these work seperately. It is an error telling me that the functions where not found or are not accessible in this mode. But, I have no clue how to make it where I can use c++ functions with lua is there any help you can give me there?
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 09:35 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 19:34
Quote: "I have no clue how to make it where I can use c++ functions with lua is there any help you can give me there?"

So, to bind a DarkGDK function to Lua you need to first make a function to "tell" lua the commands in the function you want to bind. I am going to use "dbSetDisplayMode(iWidth, iHeight, iDepth)". First off make a static int function, and for its parameters put "lua_State *L". In that function you will have to make a variable(s) that contain the data you wish to pass to the DarkGDK function (dbSetDisplayMode in this case) and make them equal to "lua_tonumber(lua_State, parameterNumber)" so for the integer iWidth you would make it equal to "lua_tonumber(L, 1)", L is the luaState and the number 1 is specifing whether it is the first, second, third, ... parameter in "dbSetDisplayMode". Here is the function:

Then you use a function to actually bind the function to lua, it is "lua_register(lua_State, functionNameInLua, Function);" in this case it would look like:
"lua_register(L, "SetDisplayMode", lua_func_dgdk_setdisplaymode);".
That should make a function, and to use it in a lua script you would type "SetDisplayMode(640, 40, 32)".

I attached a class I made that handles initilization/destruction and handling lua, as well as a couple of functions that have been bound to lua (the class is most useful for using the lua_State member). It also has an "Example.cpp" containing an example of how to use the class and 2 lua files it runs that set the display mode and sync the screen.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Justin7674
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, Wow, You made it look so easy. You explained it very well I have never had someone online as nice as to explain what and how to do something. I understand now and I thought that I was going to have to go through so much work just to bind one function. Thank you so much and I wish you the best of luck in whatever you are out to do!
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:38:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:38:29