Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 01:31
I have 2 more bugs left.

Attached is a screenshot I just made of our red felt theme.

You can see somewhat recent screenshots at my website: www.steelegamestudios.com

We also have a facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steele-Studios/204129799603877?ref=ts

Hopefully it'll be on itunes soon!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 10:51 Edited at: 1st Feb 2012 10:54
Nice work, it looks great.

Here's a quick version of the screenshot for those who don't like waiting for large png's (I get complaints):

Attachments

Login to view attachments
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 15:32
Oh. It looks good

http://www.kamacdev.wordpress.com ~ My developer blog, mind paying a visit ?
ManOfActionTM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 16:43
Thanks guys! We've been working hard on it in between the classes we're all taking. We're trying to start at the bottom (what's easier than a card game?) and work our way up.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 23:33
Which app stores are you planning to sell it into?

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
ManOfActionTM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 08:32
we're going to make it for iOS (just submitted the iPad version today--will hopefully submit for iPhone/iPod before the week is out) and Android devices, so iTunes and the Android Marketplace. We are also looking at putting it on Amazon.com if we can--we're also highly interested in putting it on the Kindle Fire, so that may end up happening.

Depending on how difficult it is to port to other devices supported, we may end up working on the others. We found that it was too difficult to deal with App Up, and being that there is already a single-player Pinochle game online, we didn't feel it was worth the effort trying to compete with them.

We REALLY want to put it up as an HTML app in order to plug it in as a facebook app, so we are eagerly awaiting the next release of AppGameKit for that--as well as Blackberry. We haven't seen too much in the way of MeeGo or Bada out here, so unless there is a groundswell of support, we'll probably pass on those two.

Lastly, the bid dream: If the game does reasonably well (which it might, Pinochle is surprisingly popular, and not very well represented in any of these marketplaces), I want to make a run at figuring out how to put it up on xbox live arcade. We'll need a publisher to do it, but I already have one that is somewhat interested--they just want to wait and see how it does on the mobile devices first *crossing fingers*.

This isn't the last version, either. This is just the one to get us started--we have big ideas for this game!

Sorry, that spiel went longer than I expected!
ManOfActionTM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 08:41
BTW, I wanted to thank EVERYONE who helped out when I had questions. I don't remember everyone's name, but I know baxslash has always at least tried to answer questions, even if he didn't have the answers all the time!

The AppGameKit community generally did their best, and definitely got me thinking in the right direction to solve whatever problem I was having.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 13:43
Glad to help where I could

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:54:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:54:23