Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Blender 2.6/ Luxrender to fpsc I don't know how

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 21:31
I have been using Blender and Luxblend trying to make a transparent liquid filled beaker for a level I am working on. I just can't seem to figure out how to get it from Luxrender to Fpsc. Do I save it as a TGA and export it as an x like you do with UV mapping or is this the correct way. I am using the entity maker from the TGC website.
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 00:39
You might want to use another format besides TGA. Use JEPG or PNG. You can't directly use the render for FPSC export. You gotta export the model itself as .x and make a UV texture. In order to get the transparent beaker effect, use a program such as GIMP or Photoshop, Unwrap the beaker, make a semi-transparent texture, then use a shader of some kind to simulate the distortion caused by the glass in FPSC.

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
Troutflies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 05:19
I have to be honest I am having more fun at the moment playing with gimp and Lux, than I do with FPSC. I finally got a great looking model with the lux settings right. Kinda bummed I can't get it into fpsc. I have yet to learn about being able t mimic glass with a shader.
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 23:17
Not all hope is lost. Just do some googling, or post a thread in the FPSC Section. They will be glad to help you further

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 09:39 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2012 09:42
@troutflies: ask STARMIND001 and GAMER X, nice, helpfull guys, both with good knowledge of blender.

fpsc doesnt like additions and materials out of blender (or any other prog), it will error the whole build to try. but as said, you should ask them, to be found mainly in the model&media-forum.

Troutflies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 21:13
That's interesting maho,I hadn't noticed any issues, with some earlier things I have used from blender, though just in the test mode haven't used them in a finished build.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:14:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:14:55