Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Intellisense for Tier1 IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is it planned to add intellisense features to the Tier 1 IDE? Also, the possibility to jump to a functions definition would be very handy.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 12:16
've added function listing to the issues board a few weeks ago. have tried to understand Codeblocks but I can't see how it is added.

MobileCreator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 18:34
At this point, I'd prefer a better IDE than more supported platforms. The lack of Intellisense, accurate error detection and a decent debug is forcing me move away from my lovely Basic

I'm doing Tier 2 experiments right now, although I'd love to keep programming Tier 1 because all advantages it brings.

----------
Paulo
http://www.mobilecreators.com
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 18:48
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the IDE. Intellisense would be awesome! Particularly intellisense with UDTs!

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 22:31
The more feedback I get on these issues, the more the feature request is promoted in my mind Having used Netbeans IDE since Christmas I can see how Intellisense really moves the coding along. Code Blocks has the feature built-in, but it was a little lumpy so I removed it for the early IDE versions.

I have tracked down one expert Code::Blocks coder from the open source forums, but if you also know your way around customising Code::Blocks drop me an email at lee@thegamecreators.com as you might be able to pitch in and help me add the feature sooner rather than later

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 22:45
Just curious, what is "Intellisense" I have never heard of it...
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 00:13 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2012 00:15
It's good to know intellisense is on the way.

Quote: "Just curious, what is "Intellisense" I have never heard of it... "

It's a list of possible variables, functions etc for you to choose from while typing. It's supposed to speed up typing and is very handy when it comes to large names. Here's a pic of VS 2010's intellisense.

In this example, instead of me having to type the rest of the SetSpritePosition command, I can just hit the space or enter key and it will be automatically completed.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 13:03
The 1st time I used "Intellisense" was in the Beta version of Codesurge and I must admit to not being overly impressed. Finding it more off putting than anything else.

However, after my more recent forray into the weird and wonderful world of C#, I have grown to absolutely love "intellisense" and would love to see it included in AppGameKit (And DBP as well, even though I really don't get on with the Synergy Editor.)

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 10:45
Quote: "However, after my more recent forray into the weird and wonderful world of C#, I have grown to absolutely love "intellisense""

I think intellisense is absolutely fantastic! It certainly helps prevent those typos as well.

Quote: " and would love to see it included in AppGameKit (And DBP as well, even though I really don't get on with the Synergy Editor.)"

I currently use Indigo for DBP (because of the intellisense) and I have found it to be the best IDE for DBP so far.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 00:06:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 00:06:01