Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Nobody has addressed FOO

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 15:52
I have successfully packaged an apk app with the AppGameKit player (tier 1) with the instructions and all the help on this board. Thank you all for your help.

The only thing I can't figure out is copying the interpreter_android folder (when it is fully compiled with the player) and making a duplicate.

If I change the name of this copied folder to my apps/game name, how do I get eclipse to recognize it instead of the original folder;

(I got around this by using the interpreter_android folder and changing the name of it after the apk is created)
Trisect Development
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 16:16
For my game i took a copy of the interpreter_android folder and called it the same as my game.

For my next game I'll take another copy of interpreter_android folder.

iOS Apps from Trisect Development.
Click here.
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 16:18
But did you rename it before you made all the changes, like adding the media. Or after you created the final apk?

tks
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 16:48
I thought I showed a picture of where the media goes in a picture in my tutorial. Can you show me a picture of what you mean or give an example.

Go through yourself at a wall.
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 17:05 Edited at: 1st Feb 2012 17:19
-kk I compiled the player and tested it
-Everything is ok
-Now I have an empty working player sitting in the interpreter_android folder.

What I need to do now is change this folder by changing/adding stuff inside it to make my game.

But before I make changes to this folder interpreter_android I want to make a back up of it; so I go into my folders in windows and copy interpreter_android and paste a new one so now I have a copy_of_interpreter_android

If I change the original folder to a new name eclipse does not recognize it; same for the copy; eclipse will not recognize it;

The instructions say;

Quote: "You may first want to duplicate the 'interpreter_android' and rename the new copy as your own app game, i.e. 'foo'"

any renaming of this folder or the copy does not allow eclipse to read it;(the original folder is renamed so eclipse doesn't know where it is and their is no way to point eclipse to a differently name folder or how do I?)

How do I point eclipse to a newly named folder which was interpreter_android? (ie Foo)

is what Im trying to say

tier 1
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 18:11
hu I thought I addressed that in my youtube video about modifing the manifest file, application make file, and the android file, but I am useing tier two to change the name in my video so might be different with tier one.

ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 18:16 Edited at: 1st Feb 2012 18:20
Yeah I watched it
there is no files corresponding to tier 1 where your video showed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMXewU2ZUlA&feature=g-upl&context=G2acbbd9AUAAAAAAAAAA
But I drool at your C++

This quote is in the tier 1 instructions and it simply doesn't make sense? (or there could be an easy way to do it?)

Quote: "You may first want to duplicate the 'interpreter_android' and rename the new copy as your own app game, i.e. 'foo'"

because the remainder of the instructions are presuming that you renamed interpreter_android to foo
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 18:29
unless someone else can help you. You might have to change your code to c++ to make it work, because I have not seen any thing about how to change the name in teir one.

ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 18:43 Edited at: 1st Feb 2012 18:45
Well thats about as good an answer as any because like I said I have to compile the final apk and only then rename it. tks though

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:26:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:26:17