Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Need Blender add on help, some modifiers not working, having trouble with UV saving.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 21:28
I posted this on the Blender Forums as well, thought I would post it here as well.
I am relativley new to blender, I am planning to use the models I make in a game I am working on in FPSC. I have learned a lot in the last few months. Thanks to Igamerx's tuts I have been working on one model after the other. I started with V 2.49 only because that is what he used in the tut. I have since been working in 2.61, however as the title of my post states I am having trouble getting some mods to work, mainly the Boolean. It is not in my user pref, however it is in the add modifier window. I have tried to solve the problem myself but most of the stuff I gfound online was confusing, and I am not too sure it applied to my situation. I am using Windows 7/64-bit intel.

As for the other issue I am having is actually more like two more issues. After I have textured my model in the UV editor in 2.49 I would then click the image button then consolidate image, I do not have this "consolidate image" option in 2.61. After that I would go to the UV button>scripts.save UV Layout. I do not have the "scripts" option either.

Thank you for the help.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 06:53 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2012 06:55
The boolean isn't an script/addon now, it's just a basic modifier. what exactly is the issue you are having with it? you need two objects, touching. stick the modifier on one object, set the other object as the target. You'll probably need to hit apply to make it real for exporting the object as .x

As for the consolidate image... i've never actually used that in any version, it could be that it just didn't get converted over to the newer version, I'm not sure.

the save uv layout:
this is now under the UV menu in the UV/image editor window. at the very bottom of the list is 'export UV layout'. if you don't have this option, you can enable the addon in

file->user preferences->addons->import/export->import/export: uv layout

basically anything that was a script in 2.49 will be found in user preferences->addons if it exists in 2.6 you can enable/disable them from there and if you drop down the details for an addon it will show you where to find the command to use it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:22:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:22:00