Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Bitmap drawing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, so I want to make a simple GUI for my game and so I wanted to use bitmap sprites to do so. My question is, how do I place a bitmap that I have drawn to on the screen? My code so far is:

This function is, of course, incomplete, because I can't figure out how to place the bitmap on the screen once I draw to it. I would assume that my only option is to save it to a file then load it as an image?? That will take quite a while and I don't want performance to suffer for this.
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
I would use sprites myself.

If you want to stick to your current approach, try

Hope this helps,

JTK
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 03:03
When you create a bitmap the current bitmap is already set to that bitmap. Be sure to set the bitmap back to the 0 when your want to draw to the screen again. Use this command to get the image. The last parameter will prevent the image from stretching.

dbGetImage ( imgID, 0, 0, x_size, y_size, 1 );
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 11:07
Am I correct in assuming that GDK DB code is simply adding db to the front so this could work in DBPro as well?

JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
For the most part, that is correct. There may be a few commands that don't follow the pattern, so I can't say its absolutely true. I've not found any yet, but still... There may be a few. In fact, when Gdk documentation isn't clear enough, I pull up dbp and gain better clarification through its help system...
xix psycho xix
Years of Service
User Offline
I had planned on using the images as sprites. The code wasn't finished because I couldn't figure out how to use the bitmaps as images to make the sprites I figured it out late last night but thanks anyways guys!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:42:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:42:10