Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / availability drawing commands (point, line, box, circle, etc) in Tier-1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 11:01
Hi,
I tried the Mr iDork games, and I realized that it draws free lines on which the character can jump. At present AppGameKit Tier-1 has not got commands to draw points and lines on the screen, only it can render sprites. But it would be very useful to have free drawing commands to draw, for example, fuel or power bars, to modify on the fly the scenario, etc. I used very much such commands in my DBPro (and also Java or VB) games, for example to draw start fields (see this game ) or to detect collision with ground (see this ).
When will TGC make available those commands (both set and get), of course?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 12:48
Draw commands are planned for a future build. Soon I think.

There are ways to do some similar things such as your star field by creating single sprites that are 1 pixel square. There are a few examples out there already. Lines can be made using a single sprite too.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 14:29
Drawing commands are due in 1.07, due this month if all goes well. No shape commands, but they can be achieved through the other options and saved to a sprite.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 20:19
that is a good update it looks like some of the current android problems may be solved next update.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, and zipzapzoom apps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 05:26:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 05:26:06