Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / I know it shouldnt be here

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys.
this is in the team area but i put it here aswell cos more people use this discussion.

IM Doin a graphics project in DBPro.

but i cant do the handling of the craft.

can some one give me the code or summit that would make the craft turn, but need more thrust to move in the new direction.

all help appreciated thanx
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 03:04
You're talking about movement like in the old atari game asteroids I take it.

Well, I'll try and right a quick demo down below (might be a little buggy, sorry).

Our Space explorer, the Andromida, uses the Spaceship structure's .xs and .ys variables to hold thrust in both the x and y position. On every loop the Andromida's x and y position incremented (or decremented depending on if it's negative or posative thrust) by .xs and .ys.
All you have to do to test this is slap an object onto the structure by setting the objects position to Andromida.x and Andromida.y and setting the object's yangle to Andromida.dir.

Feel free to use the above for anything. Hope it helps; if the example doesn't work withought minimal debug and/or change then simply respond to this thread starting with something like "Wendigo, you are an idiot. Do it again!" And I'll write a new one that I'll actually test and then repost.

Hope everything works out for yuh!

The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 03:06
hmmm... Yangle. That's a funny name. :?

ShadowHarlequin
Years of Service
User Offline
Use the hovercraft topic in team request bro for the project. You wanna help with it?

im gonna test that script u gave me some time this week.

I think it looks like itll work

ShadowHarlequin aka Cyclone
00taylorkirkgre@westsomerset.somerset.sch.uk
fathamster@37.com
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2002 03:14
I sure hope that the code works for you. I'd love to help, but i've been pretty busy lately. Feel free to ask for help if you need it though. I used to try to write my own stretch-bitmap and flat-colored polygon engines in QBasic, and since that isn't exactly a game programming language, I've learned some neet tricks. Besides, I always like to help. I'll still consider helping, though, if i do get some free time.

ShadowHarlequin
Years of Service
User Offline
"Wendigo, you are an idiot. Do it again!"
hmmm
i am a newbie to this so i dont know how to use this code.
could you make me a full code and use the object name as MYOBJECT or summit so i know where to refer to my object as.
cheers bro.

ShadowHarlequin aka Cyclone
00taylorkirkgre@westsomerset.somerset.sch.uk
fathamster@37.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:49:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:49:16